And today's grump is....

Bullbasket

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

. . .  but more bewilderment. I went to bid on something on eBay last night, only to find I had been blocked. I'm as sure as I can be that I haven't dealt with the seller before, . . . 

I have that happen to me as well. even being blocked by ones I have dealt with though everything was 100% both ways. And just recently sellers I've dealt with have suddenly put on 'Does not post to N.I.' yet I bought from them as recently as last week and all was ok

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

He's in the West Midlands, I'm in Bedfordshire. Unless the borders have been redrawn during the night, I'm not sure I can see where the problem lies!

My apologies, I put 2 and 2 together and got 17.😳😀

• Haha 2

Ah, I’ve just worked it out! The seller just happens to live in the same town as the guy I bought the Falcon Clearvax canopies from. They arrived damaged due to inadequate packaging and I was refunded and told I could keep them, though the message came across as somewhat terse.  I expect it’s the same guy with more than one account and he’s got the hump and blocked me. Whatevs.

At least my curiosity is assuaged. 

• Like 2

They've been around for a couple of weeks now. Cyclists with no lights, dog walkers all in black clothing (all you can see is the dog's eyes!

The best one was all in black, on an electric scooter on a road with no lighting!

Driving to work at 05:00 or earlier can be a challenge.

Yesterday, in broad daylight, a teenager deliberately rode his bike across the path of our 7 1/2 tonner. We missed by inches.

The gene pool just keeps getting shallower. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

They've been around for a couple of weeks now. Cyclists with no lights, dog walkers all in black clothing (all you can see is the dog's eyes!

The best one was all in black, on an electric scooter on a road with no lighting!

Driving to work at 05:00 or earlier can be a challenge.

Yesterday, in broad daylight, a teenager deliberately rode his bike across the path of our 7 1/2 tonner. We missed by inches.

The gene pool just keeps getting shallower. 

Really rubs me up the wrong way - I do quite a bit of road cycling and I just don't understand why you wouldn't make yourself safe and visible. 

I detest the colour of fluorescent green/yellow, however, I'd rather wear it than make it more difficult for someone to see me. As for playing chicken with any other road user, let alone a truck, makes me wonder.

• Like 3

The new version of Safari on iPad. They’ve actually made it harder to use. Apart from now displaying random pages at the bottom of the page when Safari is started (which I can’t find a way of removing), there are now more stages to access and dismiss bookmarks. Why would you do that?

At least it’s not a PC, I suppose.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

'tis the season for idiots to come out of hibernation,about 7am some moron flat out with no headlights on and 5 min's later two more morons jogging with no reflective gear...

Not sure where you live, but worth bearing in mind that in London today, dipped headlights were not required after 6.44am, and if the road was street lit, not at all.

Of course, was you can do and what you should do are two different things...

Jon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon Bryon said:

Not sure where you live, but worth bearing in mind that in London today, dipped headlights were not required after 6.44am, and if the road was street lit, not at all.

Of course, was you can do and what you should do are two different things...

Jon

Guernsey CI,no but it's shear stupidity to drive in dim light with no headlights so someone trying to cross the road can see them or jog on a road with virtually no light,a couple of days ago someone was jogging around the same time a light on their waist does it really take so much effort for someone to do similar or would they actually rather be run over

Edit:We're 178 miles south from London,not sure what the difference is between sunrise times but it was still dark...

Edited by Vince1159

14 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Don't tell me you've forgotten that feeling of total invincibility we used to have ourselves as teenagers ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Beermonster1958 said:

I nearly hit a jogger last week while I was out cycling early morning.

They prefer to be called 'runners' nowadays, some of them get a little irate when you refer to them as joggers.

Guess which term I tend to use 🤣

• Haha 3

This thread is rapidly descending into the gutter, and people are trying yet again to outwit the profanity filter. I’m closing this thread down to let you know that this isn’t acceptable, and if it continues in the new thread, you’ll lose the thread entirely. I hope that’s clear. 

• Like 1

• Mike locked this topic