And today's grump is....

Bullbasket

35 minutes ago, davecov said:

Sorry you were so inconvenienced.

I live in Stow, which is on the A7 six miles from Lauder and the Tour of Britain come through the village. There have been signs posted all along the route for weeks (although you were not to know that) but they don't have many diversions in place as they use rolling road closures and within minutes of the convoy going through the road is opened up again. The main cause of long delays today was the lazy Peleton bimbling along seven minutes behind the leaders.

BTW, most of the "Police" motorbikes were actually volunteer Race Marshals.

Dave

Dave

no signs on A68 other than no parking in Lauder 

the greater irony is that I am now on an errand into Edinburgh and the blighters are there now.  I’ve been told I can’t go through Holyrood Park as that road is closed for them. The obvious alternate routes are open until half way down and then closed off at the end so everyone and his dog are having to turn round just adding massively to congestion. Another extra 45 mins on a journey all for the want of advance warning and signage. Again had I known I’d have chosen to come in from the south coast A1 and not added my presence to the disaster. 

Though Edinburgh born and bred I must say it’s looking disgracefully dirty and shabby 

Glad I live in the sunny Borders now and rarely need to come into the city 

3 hours ago, JohnT said:

Though Edinburgh born and bred I must say it’s looking disgracefully dirty and shabby 

Glad I live in the sunny Borders now and rarely need to come into the city 

I share your pain about Edinburgh, @JohnT. When I moved to Scotland from England in 2008 I lived in Edinburgh as I had visited it often and loved the place. Sadly, my initial wave of euphoria wore off pretty quickly - partly due to the tram works - and at the end of 2009 I moved out to Stow. I travel regularly to my partner's house in Falkirk and a few times a month I still go through the city to see what's going on rather than use the Bypass. It's not always a pretty sight!

Dave

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Black Knight said:

The only time in many years I slightly regret not having a television

I would have liked to watch Emma Raducanu win the tennis this evening

You might be able to watch it online i used to watch Heather Watsons matches if they weren't on tv...

The bbc again,watched the breakfast show on friday to see how Emma Raducanu got on in her semi final and they said highlights would be shown today so i checked the listings and sure enough it was about 13-30 on beeb one...Just checked again and they not showing it,if you aren't going to show something don't say you are....

37 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

The bbc again,watched the breakfast show on friday to see how Emma Raducanu got on in her semi final and they said highlights would be shown today so i checked the listings and sure enough it was about 13-30 on beeb one...Just checked again and they not showing it,if you aren't going to show something don't say you are....

Apparently it was due the Amazon Prime allowing Channel 4 to show the final live.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Apparently it was due the Amazon Prime allowing Channel 4 to show the final live.

Regards,

Steve

It still wouldn't have hurt them to show it though i bet a lot of people didn't stay up to watch it live,that company isn't worth the effort it takes to switch on the tv...

• Like 1

My local shop who don’t seem to inspect 2nd hand kits closely enough and put them on the regular shelves. Spitfire I brought last week had some very wrong paint on the interior, not a big deal came off with paint stripper but now just opened up a Hasegawa Corsair I’m from a few weeks ago and the decal sheet is from an Academy Hurricane…..that’s annoying knowing I’ve got she’ll  out on an aftermarket sheet or go begging in the wanted section…..also myself for not inspecting them at the time of purchase 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Next door's dog. It just will not stop barking. Never before have I felt so much need to put a bullet between anything's eyes. It's driving me insane. The neighbours have been spoken to and the dog apparently has anxiety issues and has a behaviourist visiting. The trouble is they just let it bark away, despite knowing how much it's bothering everyone in the neighbourhood. I'd rather not have to report it to Environmental Health, but it looks like I'm going to have to before I really lose it.

3 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

I'd rather not have to report it to Environmental Health, but it looks like I'm going to have to before I really lose it.

From the sound of it (see what I did there?) I think you should - and I'm a dog owner. You've done the reasonable bit by talking to them.

Of course it could be the BAN virus which apparently is very contagious. Once one dog in the neighbourhood catches it then others quickly do too. BAN = Barking At Nothing 😀

Mark

Microsoft!!:rage:

I've forgotten my password, so I filled in the little box which asked for my email address, and up comes a box saying that they have sent me a code to my email address, and I need to enter it on the page, so that it identifies me. Trouble is, it took over an hour for the email to come through, and when I went to enter the code, it told me that I was timed out. So, I tried again, and this time the email took even longer to arrive. What's the point??

John.

• Sad 2

I can beat that! Some time ago I had need to access my Gmail account. I don't use it much because I've had some unfortunate experiences with hackers and spam there; it's mainly to support a couple of aps on my phone. Naturally, I'd forgotten my password, so I too filled in the box and sent it. They were quick getting back to me to tell me that they'd sent me a code - TO MY GMAIL ADDRESS!!! It took quite a long time to get the message through that the reason I wanted the code was because I couldn't access my Gmail address and it was pointless sending the code there. Eventually sanity prevailed, and the code was sent to my real-world email, but it certainly convinced me that there are a lot of idiots on this planet, and far too many of them are working on the fringes of IT!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Taxi drivers in Hybrids doing 20 or less in a 30 zone. Now im all for doing my bit to reduce emissions and all that.... but these clowns are only doing this to save fuel not the planet because at 20mph or less they are running on battery. Most are far from being considerate drivers as they tend to stop, turn and pull out without any signals or warning! 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Most are far from being considerate drivers as they tend to stop, turn and pull out without any signals or warning! 

Ahh, glad to see I wasn't the only one NOT issued with a crystal ball as I passed Leeds!

• Haha 1

Crane flies, seem to be unusually numerous this year, though specifically had one below average land in my drink earlier I’ve just had an absolute behemoth repeat the trick, which unlike the first I didn’t see land so got to see it made even worse by liquid magnification as I tried to take a sip……

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Taxi drivers in Hybrids doing 20 or less in a 30 zone. Now im all for doing my bit to reduce emissions and all that.... but these clowns are only doing this to save fuel not the planet because at 20mph or less they are running on battery. Most are far from being considerate drivers as they tend to stop, turn and pull out without any signals or warning! 

Regards,

Steve

We get this in MK where I'm from. The main road system is laid out in a grid pattern, then you have the minor roads within the housing estates. The main roads, are (in the main) National Speed Limits, so for all the dual carriageways, 70mph, and standard roads, 60mph. We have them doing 40 or 50 on the dual carriage ways, and 40mph on the 60mph roads! At those speeds, the petrol engine is kicking in rather than the Electric motor of the Hybrid engine! (I know, because we have an Auris Hybrid and anything over 40mph,  it's in petrol engine mode, at 50 the electric motor is only there to give it an acceleration boost, it's only running as a petrol engine, 40 or below is when you get the benefit of the electric motor and will run as an electric car)

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 2:30 PM, lasermonkey said:

Next door's dog. It just will not stop barking. Never before have I felt so much need to put a bullet between anything's eyes. It's driving me insane. The neighbours have been spoken to and the dog apparently has anxiety issues and has a behaviourist visiting. The trouble is they just let it bark away, despite knowing how much it's bothering everyone in the neighbourhood. I'd rather not have to report it to Environmental Health, but it looks like I'm going to have to before I really lose it.

You have my sympathy. I have a similar problem with the yapper next door. There are other mutts in the road which bark too, and sometimes it sounds like a dog kennels. I just don't understand why you'd want to give house room to one of these things. I've nothing against properly trained, well-behaved and quiet dogs, but sadly they seem to be in a minority.

• Like 2

Photo bucket.

Keeps sending me emails telling me my account is over storage.

Options are pay to upgrade or delete my account.

Won't let me log in and delete photos, because I am over storage!

Money grubbing con men if you ask my opinion...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackroadkill said:

My van failed its MOT, the boiler's packed up and I'm having a hell of a job  un-silvering the stencils on my Eduard Tempest.

You have my sympathy. Our car failed it’s MOT the day before we were due to go on holiday. We ended up being able to reschedule the holiday, but it was a right pain.

As for the decals, it might be worth trying Ultimate Products Extra Strong decal solution. I had an Academy F-15D where the apparently much-loved Cartograf decals were horrendously thick and silvered terribly. The kit had already fought me every step of the way and was *this* close to CFITing into the nearest wall. I had to use a scalpel to pierce the decals and do several applications, but the silvering disappeared in the end. Has to be worth a try.

• Thanks 1