And today's grump is....

Bullbasket

9 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

I know that sentiment very well. My local Coles store( one of six in postcode 4350 ) has a single quick 12 items register that I use most of the time as most of my transactions have less than twelve items. But even the staff don't regulate the rules on that lane, which is a shame !

but...but...but.....    you NEED a trolley to carry  the twelve  9-packs of toilet paper you went into the supermarket for 😂

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Last week we noticed that the panels on the rear offside of the car were not fitting correctly, and that one of the rear light lenses had been cracked. Now neither myself, nor my wife have reversed into anything (only had the car just over 18 months. Not only that, the boot is not shutting correctly and seems to be slightly skewed when shut (none of the "shut" lines are lining up correctly.

We took it in to the local dealer for them to investigate, and would seem that someone has either reversed into us, or driven into us with some force, and then driven off without leaving details! Must have been whilst parked up somewhere! Not a happy chap at the moment as Back in January, we had our Catalytic Converter nicked off the same car! That cost us our £300 excess and the insurers put it down to our fault (even though it was stolen and we had a crime number.... It was our fault because they had no scum bag to pin it against as the police didn't have anyone in custody for the theft!). Now if we go through the insurance, it will be our fault again as we have no 3rd party details for and will have to carry the can again! Estimate from the dealers for repair just under £1900 (and that may change once they start stripping the car down and get under the panels!)

Not very happy at the moment:sad:😡

Edited by treker_ed
  • Sad 7

On 7/29/2021 at 6:57 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

North Norfolk seems to have obtained a job lot of Road Closed and Diversion signs.

They've apparently scattered them at random on quite a few minor roads.

It took forty minutes to travel 20 miles thanks to Diversions that took me to other closed roads, or that just ran out of Diversion signs.

Maybe the locals know where they are going, but I was very much not impressed this morning.

It was also apparent that they think Hitler still might invade, there is a definite lack of signposts out there!

Norfolk...........................you mean they've learnt to read ?

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, IanC said:

Next door's barking dog.

And its owner. Impervious to reason and offers to help with training. 

Have you tried 'I'm thinking about moving,have you' question then the penny might drop....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanC said:

Next door's barking dog.

We had an issue with one of our neighbours and their two constantly barking dogs last year. In the end we mad a noise complaint and had to keep a log of when they barked, and how long for over a period of about 4 weeks. The log was then sent in to the noise complaint team to assess.  We assume that some sort of action was taken, as not long afterwards, the neighbour with the barking dogs started to take control, and would stop them from barking almost as soon as they would start. Apart from the odd occasion now, we barely ever hear them. Sadly same cannot be said for two of our other neighbours who seem to be  competing against each other to see who has the nosiest power tools!

It may be worth contacting your local council to make a noise complaint if the dog is barking constantly or enough that it is a disturbance!

Edited by treker_ed

Just now, treker_ed said:

It may be worth contacting your local council to make a noise complaint if the dos is barking constantly or enough that it is a disturbance!

Yes, it might come to that, and I'm keeping a log. Other neighbours have complained too. It's one of those Romanian rescue dogs, and has been mistreated. Sad really, but I don't think the person concerned knows how to train it properly. Or is unwilling. I doubt if anyone else would want to house the thing. 

The cat's ok though.. 🙂

1 hour ago, IanC said:

Yes, it might come to that, and I'm keeping a log. Other neighbours have complained too. It's one of those Romanian rescue dogs, and has been mistreated. Sad really, but I don't think the person concerned knows how to train it properly. Or is unwilling. I doubt if anyone else would want to house the thing. 

The cat's ok though.. 🙂

It really is pot luck what sort of dog you get with Romanian rescue. A friend has one who's great with people, generally quiet and well behaved at home but is a complete nightmare to walk, she wants to fight every other dog she sees. 

3 hours ago, -Ian- said:

It really is pot luck what sort of dog you get with Romanian rescue. A friend has one who's great with people, generally quiet and well behaved at home but is a complete nightmare to walk, she wants to fight every other dog she sees. 

My daughter has one like that, he seems to see every other dog as a threat and is determined to get his in first!  Does make you wonder what kind of life they had in Romania.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 8:07 PM, treker_ed said:

I've got a delivery coming from Airfix. 

Normally the email advising of the despatch is not received with trepidation, as the DPD delivery team (bar one or two exceptions) are usually quite good and efficient. However, todays was received with dread.

The link took me to a Hermes Parcel tracking site...... I wonder how many pieces of plastic I will be finding in the boxes!!!!

(mind you, the Hermes driver in my area, probably have a 60% success rate.......... Of delivering to the wrong house)

I was right to fear the delivery from Hermes...

No notification received from them to advise that they were making the delivery today; thankfully I was in. There have been a spate of doorstep parcel thefts in the area, and would appear that the person (s) have been following the delivery van and taking whatever has been delivered, no matter what the parcel is, or size of parcel, and no matter time of day! So lucky that I was available to receive the parcel. Secondly, hole punched into the outer box, and looks like the box had been thrown around as well. Wouldn't mind, but this is the second delivery in a row that this has happened so not impressed with Airfix's couriers at the moment.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by treker_ed
Added Pictures
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, treker_ed said:

I was right to fear the delivery from Hermes...

No notification received from them to advise that they were making the delivery today; thankfully I was in. There have been a spate of doorstep parcel thefts in the area, and would appear that the person (s) have been following the delivery van and taking whatever has been delivered, no matter what the parcel is, or size of parcel, and no matter time of day! So lucky that I was available to receive the parcel. Secondly, hole punched into the outer box, and looks like the box had been thrown around as well. Wouldn't mind, but this is the second delivery in a row that this has happened so not impressed with Airfix's couriers at the moment.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'd be inclined to notify Airfix.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I'd be inclined to notify Airfix.

@bentwaters81tfw Done & dusted!

Email was fired off to [email protected] as soon as I got the parcel, along with the pictures shown in this thread. I also advised the about the non-notification by Hermes, and the local thefts. I have had a reply telling me about the two delivery options ([email protected] via hermes, and [email protected] via dpd) but considering my order was well in excess of £20 i got free delivery so it did not give me any choice of which delivery service, it was automatically the standard! At that point though, I did not know it would be via Hermes! They've given me a 20% discount code as an apology, and promised to get it sorted in regards thier processes, but really it's their couriers that are at fault.

• Like 2

Over here we get exited when we receive an undamaged parcel!

A large box containing a pair of walking boots arrived this morning and had been squashed and battered, I hope my expected Airfix Victor does not suffer the same fate.

• Sad 2

On the local radio news this morning "a report says that lowlying areas of the island will be most at risk of flooding if sea levels continue to rise",...No really,seeing as though the whole island is at sea level apart from the south,i wonder how much they paid for that little nugget of obviousness....

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 6

Yesterday I was in a shop called The Range looking for somat when I heard some screams

I rushed around to the aisle the screams came from, expecting to see someone injured or a fight

What I found was three women screaming in laughter at the shelf display of . . . . . HALLOWEEN things!

Its still only early  *  AUGUST and that shop has  *  HALLOWEEN items out !?!

*  I was going to cuss but I thought if I did Mike would ban me for eternity. But then I could haunt him on Halloween

• Haha 8

On 26/07/2021 at 17:24, 593jones said:

And put in the stocks.  

On 26/07/2021 at 19:55, Hook said:

I was thinking about public flogging, perhaps these two suggestions could be combined.

Cheers,

Andre

On 26/07/2021 at 20:09, bentwaters81tfw said:

Both should be mandatory for any form of anti-social behaviour.

Phew

was in a cold sweat there for a minute - thought it was the new penalty code for getting trouble on here.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Black Knight said:

What I found was three women screaming in laughter at the shelf display of . . . . . HALLOWEEN things!

Its still only early  *  AUGUST and that shop has  *  HALLOWEEN items out !?!

Indeed. I started noticing staff putting out Halloween stuff at some of the local stores nearly two weeks ago!

And, some stores are starting to clear out their summer stock so that they can (presumably) start putting out stock for Christmas. 

cheers, Graham  ( near Ottawa Canada )

• Sad 1

Paint. Got model painted main colour, and managed to mask and paint some silver leading edges on it before the football last night. Removed the masking and touched the paint up. Colour shifted significantly. So now have to order a fresh pot and paint the whole damn thing again......... 

The car has failed its MOT. Needs some welding done. Sadly, it couldn’t be at a more inconvenient time, as were supposed to be going away on a short break on Monday. It’s going to be cheaper and easier to just write off the holiday than hire a car, so that’s probably what we’re going to do.

The car is fifteen years old and not really worth anything, so it may actually not be economic to get repaired. I bloody *hate* having to buy cars. I have no interest in them, apart from their ability to get me from one point to another without getting cold and wet.

• Sad 4

I hate insurance companies!

Earlier this year, our hybrid car had the catalytic convertor stolen. Now because the police didn't instantly have anyone in custody for it, the insurance company put the claim down as a "fault" claim, i.e. we were at fault because they didn't have a 3rd party they could claim the costs back! Despite the fact we had a crime report number etc. we were still technically at fault, so result loss of no claims, hike in insurance etc.

Fast forward to July, and we discover that the panels on the rear offside quarter weren't lining up properly, and one of the lenses was cracked. Took it to the main dealer for them to have a look, and they needed to get the bodyshop to inspect. Fair enough. Had it inspected, and would seem that some nice individual has rear ended us somewhere over the last few months, and didn't bother to leave their details and drove off! Leaving us with a nice damaged car, which we are now having to fork out to get repaired. Had a quote from the dealer, which without further investigation could be anywhere north of £1900 to repair! 

We don't have that kind of money lying around so decided to check with insurers, yet again, they are pinning the blame on us for something we can prove with the dealers report that is not our fault! I am really (want to insert swear word here....) hacked off with insurance companies wanting to rip off drivers with things like this which is not our fault. Soo many crooks out there that get away with crash for cash scams, that's who they need to be clamping down on - not things like this! Absolutely fuming right now. I am dreading our renewal!

• Sad 3