And today's grump is....

Bullbasket

6 hours ago, treker_ed said:

Who was that with? Never heard of having to do that to accept a home delivery for groceries! Mind you, considering how many times we've had the wrong things delivered, or substituted (despite stating no substitutions due to dietary requirements), we've stopped doing online shopping for groceries. I'll go at 7:30am to avoid the crowds. Catch 22, don't like large crowds, but like to picky own stuff due to the above, and also know the dates of stuff will be ok as well. Too many short dated items delivered as well.

Amazon / Morrisons. Which is why I was so annoyed as the big A really should be expected to know about cybersecurity and GDPR.

Short dated items was a problem at first with Tesco,  but the missus was hot on sending them back and after a while the supermarket eventually got the message.

Current pet peeve with Tesco is their refusal to bag anything or use tray liners, so now it takes AGES for delivery driver to complete a delivery.  Trying to be trendy and green is shooting themselves in the foot at the doorstep.

• Like 2

Trying to find a replacement oven door seal for a Zanussi cooker. Simple eh?

I ordered one last week. Universal. Tried it today. Nope. So that will go back.

I've two different model numbers for this cooker. One from the instruction manual, one from a sticker inside the stowage under the oven.

So they must both be correct. You would think. Half the spares sites don't recognise at least one of the numbers, which is rubbish.

No one has a positive I.D. for the seal for this cooker. The Zanussi site has a parts breakdown picture for the oven. It doesn't show the seal!

In fact, Zanussi.co.uk have only one spare seal on their site! AND that's one of the sites that ignores the model number!

So, that's two hours wasted this afternoon trying to get a simple seal. If it was a car part it would be so easy. Not impressed.

I'm off out tomorrow to visit a Euronics (white goods shop) so I can ask in there. Speak to a Human etc. 

You can't do that on any of the spares sites BTW. One had a computer voice answer service which was also rubbish.

Oh, I can buy a new example of this very cooker. 1600 quid! So why is the spares service so awful?

Zanussi seems to be part of electrolux.

• Sad 3

The door seal saga part two. This afternoon I managed to get to a Euronics white goods shop.

Met a very nice chap who thoroughly disparaged the 'universal seals' and on line spares stockists in general.

He's given me a phone number to call on Monday. Whence I should get a genuine Zanussi door seal. 

We shall see....

• Like 5

Not my post but is this the way people think Americans sound?

At least some of us are capable of enunciating words correctly.

Okay maybe not Southerners... or Californians, and well maybe people from the East coast and Texans and some of the Western states.

Oh and people from Chicago or Minnesota...

Hmm I guess only people from Michigan can speak American correctly.

Odd...

urENN48.jpeg

:whistle:

• Haha 7

Sadly I have not managed to imbibe enough alcohol yet for my ears to block out the caterwauling coming from the tv....  yes the missus has got Eurovision on !

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

You think thats bad? 

Its on  every radio in my flat!

s

Good thing I live on my own!

I didnt think I'd drunk that much, but could have sworn that at times the German entry was being sung by someone dressed up as a giant jumping willy !

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, IanHx said:

I didnt think I'd drunk that much, but could have sworn that at times the German entry was being sung by someone dressed up as a giant jumping willy !

May not have been dressed ...

• Haha 3

Sky Arts channel. A great docu on Fleetwood Macs album Rumours was on yesterday. 

I could have just watched it then, 'live' as it were, but recorded it. 

This morning, to watch the recording, I have to input the parental guidance code on the SkyQ box!

So, Kids could watch it yesterday, but not this morning. Why?, probably because drugs get mentioned. 

It really is pretty sad.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

On Talking Pictures TV there is a warning before practically every programme, usually on the lines that the programme/film reflects opinions and speech of the period it was made, and may offend some people.  Annoys the hell out of me!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Sky Arts channel. A great docu on Fleetwood Macs album Rumours was on yesterday. 

I could have just watched it then, 'live' as it were, but recorded it. 

This morning, to watch the recording, I have to input the parental guidance code on the SkyQ box!

So, Kids could watch it yesterday, but not this morning. Why?, probably because drugs get mentioned. 

It really is pretty sad.

Good programme that. There isn’t a bad tune on that album.

sorry.....this is the grumpy channel, so erm issue the eponymous Buckingham Nicks album now! Only ever released as an LP

Trevor

• Like 3

Editing....or rather, lack of.

Two items I've seen in the last couple of days that really get up my nose.

1. I received an email from a well known bookseller. One of the items they were offering was a book titled "Dunkirk to D-Day", subtitled "The men and women of the ROAC". 

How the devil did that get past the editing?

2. On the BBC text this morning, there was a piece about Chelsea possibly being interested in buying Harry Kane from Spurs. But it said that they didn't think that their West London rivals would be willing to sell him to them. When did they move Tottenham to the west?

Strewth!

John.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Shorty84 said:

Currently feels like we skipped summer, and it is autumn again. The rain is good for nature they say, it was too dry till now anyway they say...

Listening to the radio this morning, June will be wet and July temperatures will be a sweaty 21c!

Trevor Ketley

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Shorty84 said:

Currently feels like we skipped summer, and it is autumn again. The rain is good for nature they say, it was too dry till now anyway they say...

A few weeks ago farmers were saying they needed rain for the crops now they're saying it's getting to the point of to much and ruining the crops...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

Listening to the radio this morning, June will be wet and July temperatures will be a sweaty 21c!

Its payback for the incredible spring weather we had last year - and couldn' make the most of :(

Cheers

Colin