Flying by the seat of your pants. Sort of. Haptic feedback cushion

NoSG0

As much as I would like a rig like this, I have neither the $ or room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy8JAnEGPCA

How about a chair cushion that gives you a haptic feedback nudge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6WY6ks2wpA

Or this review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXBUPn8q4tw

Edited by NoSG0
  • Like 1

• NoSG0 changed the title to Flying by the seat of your pants. Sort of. Haptic feedback cushion

Given the complexity and cost of those gadgets. I think you could probably afford the real thing as easily. Particularly VLAs. Very Light Aircraft can be as inexpensive as cars but a lot more fun. 

• Like 1

Noelh,

Nothing like the real thing eh? 

I've been looking into the chair pads(look to be 2 companies) and word of warning, some folks seem to have experienced issues with ordering/fulfillment.  So be careful.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NoSG0 said:

Noelh,

I've been looking into the chair pads(look to be 2 companies) and word of warning, some folks seem to have experienced issues with ordering/fulfillment.  So be careful.

Actually once or twice I looked out of the cockpit and thought 'This is just like the simulator'. 🤔

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/03/2021 at 04:03, NoSG0 said:

Noelh,

I got stung by the seller of these, one of many - many people that have been stung, deposit was taken, and a promise of fulfilment, no answers to email any-more, site is down last time I looked, shame, it seemed like a good product for flight and driving sims.

• Sad 1

• 10 months later...

Just noticed this again and as an update on this, had given up on chasing it up, even their face book page were giving no replies and believe you me, really tried, am not a person who lets things go easily.

But thought after some time and well over a year since I'd tried to cancel via email after far too long of a wait I sent the cancel and then perhaps 2 to 3 years of nothing, no replies at all, really did give up and thought, that's it, gave my best shot, I've been mugged, its international stuff and not worth chasing up ... let it go!

So to my surprise got an email from them just before Christmas acknowledging my order was cancelled as I had requested, only took YEARS to do this LOL, so thought where is my refund? but thought of chasing them up again and waiting for no answer was too stressful for me to contemplate at that time, had already written it off and let it go.

Then about 12 days later a sudden inexplicable refund went into my bank account of about same amount I had made all those years ago to them ... what on earth ???  LOL, nice wee unexpected surprise, can only assume the amount of complaints they had and someone more powerful than me had got officials locally to him involved triggered this, not a single apology or explanation, just a refund several years later ... unreal!

As a footnote, it was a cool looking product, some people did get theirs, but me and many more who paid up front did not.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting ideas - the original, very expensive variants would no doubt work well enough for car simulators but I doubt would be worthwhile for flight sim. The snag there is simulating variable G loads, either in turns or in turbulence.  Harder to do, though I know some simulators use tightening and slackening of seat belts to provide a pseudo G feed back effect. Combined with good visuals through the goggles that might be convincing enough for most purposes, You'll never simulate real G loads in any sim of course. Some military sims inflate/deflate the G-suits to add verisimilitude.

I like nick32's link - looks great for car sim stuff! 

John B

• Like 2

Yep, i use mine for flight sim (DCS) and racing sims. 2 Transducers either side of my seat and it works surprisingly well, although i will add 2 more when i get chance.

I also use VR, and those 2 combined makes it feel very immersive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi DD_Crash and Welcome to Britmodeller, do you have a link for Andres Jet seat please?

I was one of the unfortunate who put a deposit on something similar and waited ages (years) for a reply and just gave up, had friends chasing the company too, however, inexplicably one day got as a short curt reply, my order was cancelled and then shortly after got a refund of approximately how much I paid, this person was a known con artist IMHO who fleeced many but drip fed a few to make it it look legit.

Wonder if its the same trader under a different name?  Not doubting you at all Crash, but this stuff happened last time?

If you could provide a link please I would really appreciate that, also what kind of software please?, because with my deposit with the cheat I was allowed to download software on original order years ago and that all made it look legit and purposeful, but software without the hardware is like a sandwich without the filling :)

Please post pics of your Jet Seat please Crash, would still like something like that from a reliable source

The good news is he is a great guy and is willing to help if you have issues. The BAD news is he lives and works in Volgograd and at present there is a bit of a problem buying things from Russia.

https://andres-shop.simshaker.com/

The software to drive it for DCS is free but for GBS you have to buy it. link for Il-2 forum https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/57925-simshaker-wings-support-thread-for-il-2-users/

DCS https://forum.dcs.world/topic/147495-official-simshaker-for-aviators/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...