Vosper 72'6" MTB 77 1/35 scale, produced by Italeri, built by me.

2 minutes ago, Arjan said:

smoke generator.

Ah, @Arjan the oracle 👍👍, what would I do without you ? A smoke generator, that explains why a lot of the photos I’ve found have the ‘exhaust’ laying down, whereas my example is vertical. I’ll have a search through my ‘odds & sods’ box and see if I’ve any hand wheels that I can use to replace the three blobs.

Many thanks for your encyclopaedic knowledge.

Jon

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arjan said:

One of the best images I could find

Also great shot of a Dan buoy in that picture..

Yes, the round objects are valve actuating wheels on the manifold that controls the smoke chemical mix.  The vertical type has a pressure gauge above the side pressure cylinders and three valves on the top leading to the pipe so it is safe to assume theses three are valves.  On this model the pressure cylinder (singular) is laid horizontal so the pressure gauge may be laying horizontally behind the near end between the cylinder and the smoke vessel 

Steve

• Like 2

Definitely looking good Jon ! I'm amazed at the furious pace of your build, it only seems to have taken you 3 weeks 🤯. One remark, if the torpedoes haven't been glued to the tubes you should shove them in slightly further, they are protruding a bit too much now :

S1zSSUz.jpg

Regards,

Arjan

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Arjan said:

if the torpedoes haven't been glued to the tubes

Arjan. Too late, they are stuck fast. Funny you should mention them, though. I did wonder at the time, how far they would protrude. As for my build speed, I’m retired, so my time is my own. That is, until my wife retires in about a month, then I’ll be lucky to get any building time, at all. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• 1 year later...

I am late for this build. I bought the 1/35 Italeri boat but is a S100 without realizing how big the boat is too. Strange that I was captivated by this big boat that I bought the crews too. It’s still in my stash waiting for a display space. At 1 meter long, I will have problem building on my current half meter work table.

• Like 1