Italeri 1:35 scale M1120 HEMTT with Pallet load and ATMP Buggy

Hi fellow modellers
This is the 1:35 scale Italeri M1120 HEMTT load handling system with payload, consisting of the Gecko Ammo and Pallet Set and the Gecko ATMP Buggy.
The main vehicle is virtually built out-of-the-box but I have added a few extra details such as chains on the front and rear and the spare wheel fastening and there is some slight weathering without going over the top.

For the ammo pallets I made some strapping and scratch built some rings with brackets to fix the strapping to the pallets. The pallets were all chained to the load platform and some padding was used on the corners of the ammo boxes to protect them from the chains rubbing.
The buggy, again, was built out-of-the-box but I added some accessories such as roll-up sheets, etc. The pallet load consists of boxes of food which have been tied down and then fixed to the buggy.

With the securing of the loads I have had some amazing advice from a great friend in the US who was heavily involved with load handling and logistics within the US army while he was serving and this advice has been invaluable.
The pallets used are scratch built as I used the kit pallets as templates so now I can make as many as I want for future builds.
I hope that viewing these pictures will show what can be achieved with a few idea’s and a little imagination. Thanks for looking and taking an interest. More pictures can be found HERE

Dio02

Dio04 Dio08 Dio10 Dio13 Dio15 Dio19 Dio20 Dio21 Dio22 Dio24 Dio27 Dio28 Dio30 Dio31 Dio32 Dio33 Dio35 Dio36

• Like 19

21 hours ago, vytautas said:

Brilliant model, well painted and weathered. Top job.

Vytautas

Many thanks. Glad that you liked it. I don't like doing too much weathering as it can lose some of the detailing.

17 hours ago, Carius said:

Looks great, very well done Kevin

Thanks Carius. One of my few builds where I didn't add lighting. 

On 3/20/2021 at 9:52 PM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Nice result Kevin, I have the same HMETT kit to build. I is great to see it can be built so the pallet system is functional.

🏆 :thumbsup:

Thank for your kind comment. It is a very good kit to build and there is some nice detail in it. The hydraulics work perfectly so the whole mechanism works as it should when off-loading the platform. Enjoy your build 😀

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 8:31 AM, Reforgermodeller said:

fantastic build and really nice Paintjob, very inspiring

cheers

Uwe

Thanks Uwe.
I appreciate all comments as they inspire me to share my builds so that they may inspire others. I don't have any particular skills. just experience. 😃