Supermarine Spitfire Mk IXC

Hi Everybody, here is my latest build, not my usual scale but a thoroughly enjoyable build. Built entirely out of the box, just the addition of some scratchbuilt harnesses and buckles. Painted with Tamiya and Revell acrylics.

spacer.png

A few pictures of the interior before it all gets closed up. I know the buckles are not correct but this was my first attempt at making them.

spacer.png

I decided to paint the instrument panel rather than use the decals.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking, as usual all comments and criticisms are welcome. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Really like that, a neat and attractive Spit build.

I don't care what the experts think of the Revell kit, I think it's perfect for building up a collection of big scale Spitfires! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh errrr missis , what a super looking Spitfire , looks just as good as the more expensive Tamiya offering.

A small pointer if i may , loose the Red crow bar , this is now becoming a classic mistake a lot of Spitfire builders make . Red crow bars are only fitted to restored aircraft for safety reasons not on wartime aircraft. :fraidnot:

• Thanks 1

Very neat and proper Spitfire!

Apart from the infamous red crowbar, I'd suggest for your next Spit to let the elevators droop a bit – a very typical feature of a parked Spitfire.

Beautiful modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

the Mk 9 is my favourite Spitfire. For me it's the most optimal looking configuration that still retains the classic outlines for the wings, tail, and the classic Spitfire cockpit, combined with the cannon nozzles sticking out of the wings, the twin rectangular radiators slung underneath the wings and the four bladed prop all making it look more potent. I have a 1/32 Mk 2a and a 1/48 Mk 16 in the stash, both Revell, so I don't need more Spitfires right now, but at some point I'd love to add a Mk 9.

Yours is a lovely looking build. Nice job! Personally I don't invest a lot of time in getting my models period correct, I just want to end up with something on the shelf that's interesting to look at, so I wouldn't spot errors like the red crowbar - I just think it adds a nice little detail and colour variation to the door. But that's just me.

Edited by kiseca
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1