1/72 - Vultee P-66 Vanguard by Dora Wings - 3D renders - release in 2021

Homebee

That looks wonderful. I like how DoraWings seem to release every obscure type they do in both 1/72 and 1/48, definitely economical given that they have done the renders.

Was on the fence about a 1/48 Vanguard, but in 1/72 it's a no brainer for me 👍

• Like 3

Assuming those really are renderings for the 1/72 kit-to-be and not just a rehash of the ones for the 1/48 version (I haven't checked the other thread to compare), the level of detail is pretty amazing for 1/72 scale! I was only lukewarm to the idea of a P-66 kit, but now I could be a customer.

I'd be an even more enthusiastic customer if Dora Wings would add the Yak-9/VK-105 series to their list of "obscure types"...  :whistle:

John

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Assuming those really are renderings for the 1/72 kit-to-be and not just a rehash of the ones for the 1/48 version (I haven't checked the other thread to compare), the level of detail is pretty amazing for 1/72 scale! I was only lukewarm to the idea of a P-66 kit, but now I could be a customer.

I'd be an even more enthusiastic customer if Dora Wings would add the Yak-9/VK-105 series to their list of "obscure types"...  :whistle:

John

I haven't seen renderings this detailed of their 1/48th scale kit on FB yet so I can't see what the differences are in the two scales.

4 hours ago, John Thompson said:

John

These are renders of 72nd scale, everything is correct.
The number of plastic parts is still slightly less than in the 1 / 48th scale. There are slight simplifications.
Unfortunately, the Yak-9 is not part of our range of interests.

• Thanks 2