Ferrari 712 Watkins Glen 1971 (Mario Andretti)

That's an interesting twist...

PXL-20210515-142518827-MP.jpg 

I'd got as far as putting the decals on, when I noticed that the model in the reference picture didn't match mine (and not just because it was built be a pro!). I'd been intrigued that the kit seemed to contain 'bonus' parts but figured that's what happens when you buy pre-loved. Hopefully you can make out how in the instruction sheet the bonus part isn't mentioned as such but just shown in situ. Makes me think there could be a GB called  The instructions don't help.

Anyhow remedial action has taken place and it helps further delay the dread moment of the one-shot at the vac form windscreen. The decals are crude by modern standards- poor registration for one thing. But they've behaved remarkably well given their age etc- only one of them disintegrated.

All in all, I'll be finished tonight and the Sunday drive will see my pootling into the gallery.

• Like 3

and now resting in the paddock that is the display only gallery. I quite enjoyed it as a build, though the most enjoyable parts were the red primer from Hycote and the Revell Italian Red rattle-can which together have given me an age to paint more things red! The decals were surprisingly good, one neat feature was that where there was cluster of sponsors logos, the carrier film was complete so you if you got one in place the other would be correct as well.

Think I'm down to three active builds across three GBs now- feels almost tranquil!

Thanks. It seems to be an inviolate rule of photographing models that it's only after you've posted the pictures in gallery that you see the mistake. Somewhere in it all, the strut that I spliced in at the rear has shifted and doesn't looks half as good now. Oh well, there it is.