Airfix 1/72 Heinkel He-111 'Motorhead' Bomber

Cheers folks (aye, it is a class 'Head track Abandoned Project).

Unfortunately, not Vulcanicity, no Lemmy, Eddie  or Philthy figures, but it would be possible I guess to convert them from a set of 1/72 Viking figures or such.

Here's what I reckon you'd need to do to build the kit 'faithfully' to the album art.

1. Add a nose 'bubble' gun turret for Philthy;
  2. Reverse the guns on the upper dorsal turret (adding a second gun) to have them fire forward through the plexiglass;
  3. Remove the ventral gondola, and fill the void to make a smooth belly... then add a basic ventral barbette;
  4. Mount the wings further up the fuselage (vertically)

I reckon steps 1-3 would be easy enough, I may do it on a second model. Step 4 though, nah, a step too far.

Paint btw is Revell 'Anthracite' (no. 9). I did darken a few random panels to try to break up the monotony of the surface, I could have weathered it a bit more, but decided to leave it fairly pristine. I should paint the exhausts a different tone though, on reflection.

• Like 1

Very nice, I have this kit in my stash.

When it was initially released in 2019 there was a rumour one of the smaller aftermarket manufacturers was planning to release a conversion kit to better match the album artwork but AFAIK it never happened unfortunately.

Edited by -Ian-