HMS Portchester Castle

Well calling this one done it has not turned out as I had planned some mistakes crept in as I lost my inspiration of late. The thought of no shows to display for another year and the loss of some old work mates that had not been retired that long so it has got me thinking of other things and my mind has not been to focused on building models. Maybe I need a break work, eat, sleep repeat is not good for anyone 😱.

But did get some good news today for a change our local model club can start up 20th May with limited numbers so something to look forward to.  :yahoo:

Anyway enough of my mooning on I present my take on this kit I have seen some delightful versions done lately and a BIG thank you to Michal @socjo1 for the mountain of reference he shared with me and the effort he and others have put in trying to keep me on the straight and narrow.

WIP below link

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235086089-hms-portchester-castle/

Name it name plate to the rescue again

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Stunning build that Beefy, just as we come to expect from you bud :thumbsup:

Cheers Dan really appreciate that from you who I always seem to learn so much from

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 1

Gratulations! 👍

I think you achieved very satisfying result of your efforts: we see dramatic sea-scape and dynamic scene with beautiful ship!

For me it was very pleasant to see this model during construction once more and last but not least I'm very happy could help.

Regards, Michał.

PS. These days are difficult for us at all and sometimes it is difficult to find pleasure even in activities we love... But let's not lose hope!

Edited by socjo1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Well calling this one done it has not turned out as I had planned some mistakes crept in as I lost my inspiration of late.

Don't be so hard on yourself. If we were perfect all the time we'd have nothing to strive for.

In  the meantime you have produced a very credible result. Begs the question whats next....???

In the words of the the song above "We're  on the road to nowhere lets see where it goes....."

Take care matey, we need you

Kev

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, longshanks said:

Don't be so hard on yourself. If we were perfect all the time we'd have nothing to strive for.

In  the meantime you have produced a very credible result. Begs the question whats next....???

In the words of the the song above "We're  on the road to nowhere lets see where it goes....."

Take care matey, we need you

Kev

23 hours ago, socjo1 said:

Gratulations! 👍

I think you achieved very satisfying result of your efforts: we see dramatic sea-scape and dynamic scene with beautiful ship!

For me it was very pleasant to see this model during construction once more and last but not least I'm very happy could help.

Regards, Michał.

PS. These days are difficult for us at all and sometimes it is difficult to find pleasure even in activities we love... But let's not lose hope!

12 hours ago, Courageous said:

I echo what Kev says. Lovely build, lovely seascape. Keep up the good work.

Stuart

5 hours ago, LiamA said:

Very very nice, love the sea effect, thanks for sharing, Liam.

9 hours ago, Homer said:

Beautiful piece of work well done 👏 

58 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

Great seascape and Lovely finishing on the Castle

Grand Job Beefy :clap2:

Rob

Gent's thanks for all the kind words and help it is appreciated a lot.

As to what next I need to get a couple of shelf queens out of the way before getting back to Graf Zeppelin and Z43.

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 3

Looks great mate. Totally know where you’re coming from regarding mojo. We all need to get back to the club so roll on the 20th and get some mojo building craic on the go. 👍

• Thanks 1

Another Good un mate

Hopefully looking forward to seeing some completed  projects in the not too distant future in the flesh.

Waiting to find out if I qualify for an anti mojo jab. Still havn't completed anything this year!

Spot on Good job

Cheers

Keith

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2021 at 8:33 PM, Kevin Aris said:

now that is very nice indeed,

sorry i have been away from the forum for some time, and only just catching up

On 3/21/2021 at 9:53 PM, Solvent Parrot said:

New here but just jumped in to look as the ship is named after a local landmark and the title caught my eye. To my eyes that's a great looking ship. 

On 3/22/2021 at 5:35 PM, Gimme Shelter said:

what a cracking diorama / model. I love it 

On 3/22/2021 at 6:55 PM, BeeKay said:

Looks great mate. Totally know where you’re coming from regarding mojo. We all need to get back to the club so roll on the 20th and get some mojo building craic on the go. 👍

On 3/23/2021 at 9:33 PM, KAYELL said:

Another Good un mate

Hopefully looking forward to seeing some completed  projects in the not too distant future in the flesh.

Waiting to find out if I qualify for an anti mojo jab. Still havn't completed anything this year!

Spot on Good job

Cheers

Keith

13 hours ago, Brian Derbyshire said:

Great seascape wish i could get results as good, best wishes from down under.

Be lucky cheers Brian.

3 hours ago, Dancona said:

That has come out very well, lovely job, well done sir !!

Gent's 

Thanks again for the kind comments it very much appreciated

Stay Safe

beefy

It's a cracking scene you've managed to depict there Beefy, captures the little workhorse in it's element. Well done!

Don't be too hard on yourself in these weird times, just completing anything can take an inordinate amount of effort, the fact you've completed this is a testament to your skill! (I've just noticed I've not completed anything since 2019, shows my skill/motivation level...)

Geoff

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thats one incredible seascape.  You can really feel the energy in it. 

One of the advantages of our hobby is it does keep us going after retirement.  You always need something to look forward too. Modelling gives me short-term goals which help me focus my days and gives me a sense of achievement everyday. Even larger projects can be broken up into smaller components which are less overwhelming. 

In these dangerous times it is good to have something to do that avoids too much physical interaction while we wait for normally to return. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2021 at 4:19 PM, Bugle07 said:

It's a cracking scene you've managed to depict there Beefy, captures the little workhorse in it's element. Well done!

Don't be too hard on yourself in these weird times, just completing anything can take an inordinate amount of effort, the fact you've completed this is a testament to your skill! (I've just noticed I've not completed anything since 2019, shows my skill/motivation level...)

Geoff

2 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Thats one incredible seascape.  You can really feel the energy in it. 

One of the advantages of our hobby is it does keep us going after retirement.  You always need something to look forward too. Modelling gives me short-term goals which help me focus my days and gives me a sense of achievement everyday. Even larger projects can be broken up into smaller components which are less overwhelming. 

In these dangerous times it is good to have something to do that avoids too much physical interaction while we wait for normally to return. 

Geoff / Greg thank you for the kind comments it is appreciated.

Stay Safe

beefy

• 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Your model is absolutely beautiful - thank you for sharing!  More importantly, I wish healing and rejuvenation in your personal life.

Thank you Dr. K as for the rejuvenation of my life things are going great as of yesterday we attended our sons wedding after 3 postponement's over the last 18 month and it was a great day seeing all the families enjoying the celebration's.  :party:

So now I should have more time to get back into my other projects.

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 2