Hawk T2 from Hobby Boss Hawk 127

treker_ed

As the title says...

Don't need 100% accuracy just "near enough" as long as it looks externally like a T2 - would the Hobby Boss Hawk 127 be ok to represent an RAF T2?

(https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HB81736?result-token=g4qIU)

I have a set of Xtradecal X48107 - RFC/RAF 100 years of 4 Sqn that i have purchased for the Kinetic harriers that I have, one to be built as a GR1, and one as a GR3. however, rather that wasting the rest of the decal options, I can use the rest of them on kits I already have or plan to get (Airfix hunter or sabre). The additional items are a Hawk T2 and Harrier GR 9. So ultimately would the Hobby Boss be a suitable kit to represent a T2 Hawk?

(Also would the parts for a GR9 be in the Hasegawa boxing of a GR7 ... https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HAPT036?result-token=0GhSJ )

12 minutes ago, treker_ed said:

(Also would the parts for a GR9 be in the Hasegawa boxing of a GR7 ... https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HAPT036?result-token=0GhSJ )

You need a boxing that has the 100% LERX at the very least.  The Eduard re-box has both early and late (67% and 100% LERX) and can be had for less silly money than the Hasegawa kits; it also includes etched brass and resin upgrade parts.

You need the Hawk 100 kit. Despite what's painted in the boxart, this kit only has the tail with the chaff dispenser at its base. The Hawk 100 has the non-dispenser base of the T2 (though the boxart suggests otherwise).

Just so you know, there's a known issue with the HB Hawk kits that I think stems from them using the wrong wingtip-to-wingtip width (rails & tips are different), so that oddity ricochets all over the place, making for a bit of a scale issue.  If you know already, or don't mind, carry on - I just wanted to make you aware :yes:

47 minutes ago, stever219 said:

You need a boxing that has the 100% LERX at the very least.  The Eduard re-box has both early and late (67% and 100% LERX) and can be had for less silly money than the Hasegawa kits; it also includes etched brass and resin upgrade parts.

The Eduard boxing is discontinued and what is available on ebay (which I will not use at all) is about double the price of the current hasegawa kits at Hannants!

Edited by treker_ed

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Just so you know, there's a known issue with the HB Hawk kits that I think stems from them using the wrong wingtip-to-wingtip width (rails & tips are different), so that oddity ricochets all over the place, making for a bit of a scale issue.  If you know already, or don't mind, carry on - I just wanted to make you aware :yes:

Not bothered about total accuracy, It wont be subject to any online WIPS, nor will it be shown at any shows or anything like that - none of the rest of my family are into modelling or aviation, so only I would know of any inaccuracies, so it doesn't really matter...😄

But thanks for the info @Mike

• Like 1

5 hours ago, treker_ed said:

The Eduard boxing is discontinued and what is available on ebay (which I will not use at all) is about double the price of the current hasegawa kits at Hannants!

I was lucky enough to win an on-line auction (not evilbay I hasten to add) with a surprisingly low bid considering the extras in the box.