Twin seat Harrier T.10 in 1/72 scale

The finished thing! It's from the Sword kit and involved so many 'firsts' for me: first limited-run kit (ouch), first time using an airbrush, first time weathering with oils, first use of MicroSol... it's by no means perfect but given all that, for my amateur level, I'm pretty pleased with it. Paints were Mission Models primer then Hataka Red Line acrylics (the 'Modern RAF' colour set - excellent), followed by Winsor & Newton Galeria varnishes. The matt varnish just wouldn't spray through my 0.2mm nozzle, even when slightly thinned, so it was a final brush coat for that. One annoying decal issue, but I'll not draw attention to it...

The selection of pics are from a 'proper' camera and my phone, and a couple of Noy's Miniatures bases/hangar (plus a backdrop model railway scenery of an industrial estate, which certainly looks like RAF buildings to me!).

Finally - I'm grateful for the wealth of experience on here, with people ready to freely offer advice and guidance - over the past couple of years I've admired some stunning skill and picked up a few tips along the way. I've a way to go yet, but am loving it...and improving - which is good enough for me! Thanks for looking.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 50

1 hour ago, djos said:

Maybe "many first", but results is excellent. Great build

Regards Djordje

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Cracking T-Bird, very nicely finished and weathered! And I agree on the railway background photo, they do look like barrack blocks! 

Really good job!

Keith

3 hours ago, swralph said:

Lovely build.😀

Thank you all very much for the kind feedback! Much appreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gazza l said:

Stunning result, I'd say you've mastered all three of your firsts! Great photography as well by the way.

gazza l

That’s very kind, thanks - your build of this kit was my benchmark. Not to mention your Harrier lineup! I’ve got a SHAR, GR3, GR9 and a pair of T2/T4s in the stash. If I crack on, in a few years I might get a similar lineup!!! 
(photography is my other hobby, normally very distant stuff, so this is a good chance to get the macro lens out and practise some focus stacking).

• Thanks 1

Wow that's awesome! And considering all of your 'firsts' that is an excellent result all round. Its good to try new skills. I never touched an airbrush myself until a couple of years ago but would never go back to the hairy stick again.

I do love the look and sit of the twin stick second generation Harriers and the Sword kit seems to have captured it perfectly (with your build too obviously)

Great job! 

• Thanks 1

Magnificent model and beautiful photography. That really does look the business and the end result belies your lack of experience with airbrushing etc.

Mark

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The Shearwater said:

The matt varnish just wouldn't spray through my 0.2mm nozzle, even when slightly thinned, so it was a final brush coat for that.

If you can.... try and get hold of a cheap airbrush with 0.4mm nozzle and just use that for your clear coats only. Keep the 0.2mm for your main painting. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

If you can.... try and get hold of a cheap airbrush with 0.4mm nozzle and just use that for your clear coats only. Keep the 0.2mm for your main painting. 

Good tip, thanks - will keep an eye out for one 👍

5 hours ago, Richard E said:

Excellent presentation, to my eye it looks a little bit like ...

spacer.png

Found on the net - hopefully not breaching copyright rules.

Thanks...Strangely enough, that’s exactly the photo I saw a while back while researching the T10, and definitely the kind of background look I was after!