1/48 - Fairchild Republic A-10C Thunderbolt II by Academy - released - new boxings by Hobby 2000

Homebee

Thanks Stephen ! 👍

Rumour: there's a new tooling 1/48th Fairchild Republic A-10C Thunderbolt II in the pipe line.

Candidates: Wolfpack Design (too big kit for such a small producer IMO), Academy (dubious as not mentionned in the catalogue 2021, but in 2022 as the rumour source is M. Gustav Jung from Wolfpack Design who has close ties with Academy), Great Wall Hobby (is supposed working on a new tool 1/48th F-14 family, but considering the numerous new tool kits from the Tomcat... So why not a A-10), AFV-Club (after the 1/48th U-2...), Meng (after the 1/48th F/A-18E...), Kinetic (a surprise kit like the 1/48th (T)F-104, Wolfpack Design - so M. Jung - being the Kinetic distributor in Korea). All bets are off.

Source: Reid Air Publications Facebook page. If you go to the link about the new A-10C decal sheet, there's a comment from Gustav Jung (aka Mr. Wolfpack Design - link) about a new tool 1/48th Thunderbolt II kit - see herebelow.

https://www.facebook.com/177633712268219/posts/4024256017605950/

TBOLT-1.png
TBOLT2.png

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 10

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Fairchild Republic A-10C Thunderbolt II by ? in 2022 ? - rumour

Hi,

Mr.Gustav Jung FB profile suggests that he is currently working for WolfPack Design. 

"Wolfpack-Design is a hobby company in Republic of Korea. Our main items are kits and resin update set. And distributor for Kinetic model in Korea too."

• Like 2

Very nice! Having just recently bought the Hobby Boss kit I won't need another one but there is certainly room for the ultimate "Hog" kit. Good decision to release a true A-10C (currently only Italeri offers a "C") and it would be really nice if they would tool all the raised rivets on the aft fuselage and tail which are a distinctive feature of the A-10.

• Like 4

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Fairchild Republic A-10C Thunderbolt II by (Kinetic ?) in 2022 ? - rumour
11 hours ago, Scimitar F1 said:

Great marketing from Raymond. Whatever the subject is it will have lots of marking options (think the 7 boxing’s of his F-104 in 2 years).

My money is on a Skyhawk from Kinetic or possibly an F-35.

My money is on a family of Mirage F-1 with many boxes to cover all versions and all Air Arms that

have operate the ''Fléchette'' (Dart) plus the current private paramilitary organisations operating

some in the USA.

🙂

SharkOwl

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Fairchild Republic A-10C Thunderbolt II by (Kinetic ?) in 2021 ? - rumour
14 hours ago, Scimitar F1 said:

They already announced the F1 😎

Yes and No.

Kinetic have presented some 3D project photos a few years ago but have never formally announced it.

Lets wait and see (and hope) for the March 31st announcement.

This being said, a Kinetic ''Gold'' 1/48 A-10C Warthog would also be fine for me !

😀

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 1

I know it’s irksome when any kit is announced (not that this has been) and a succession of posts appear asking why it wasn’t something else, but flirting with that, how easily backdateable to an A would be a C? I’m just assuming it’s the instrument panel and a few antennas. I do like Cold War era things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Filler said:

I know it’s irksome when any kit is announced (not that this has been) and a succession of posts appear asking why it wasn’t something else, but flirting with that, how easily backdateable to an A would be a C? I’m just assuming it’s the instrument panel and a few antennas. I do like Cold War era things.

it is antennas and IP only.airframe wise no real changes, some panel lines maybe

and paint scheme/ markings and mostly different weapons. you can still use Aim-9M/L Sidewinder and Maverick missiles. Maybe some dumb Mk.82s as well. But mostly the C has gone to smart weapons and the use of a targeting pod.

An A-10 from Kinetic, Meng or GWH would be fantastic! The rest of the kit makers? I would wait to smell the plastic. 

I just got the GWH Su-27UB and the fidelity to detail is remarkable. They really did their homework. However I think that may still be working on their F-14 family. There's a market for their version of the Tomcat. 

Meng? I don't know if it would interest them. They may just do the follow on kits to the single seat Super Hornet.

Kinetic seems like the better fit here. They have an interest in oddball jets, and they may want to stretch their legs with an A-10.

Now I have to out aside another $100 for a really cool subject. 

I'm happy I never indulged in the other 1/48 A-10s on the market!

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Fairchild Republic A-10C Thunderbolt II by (Kinetic or ?) in 2021 ? - rumour

Can we persuade someone to do a 1/32nd scale version? The Trumpeter one is only just deserving of the description "scale model" (and that's being very generous, indeed). I reckon that a more modern, accurate kit would be devoured by the model-making community...

Chris. 

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Fairchild Republic A-10C Thunderbolt II by ( ? ) in 2021 ? - rumour

I wonder if the Wolfpack leak of an A-10 was all a ruse to throw off the guesses for Kinetic’s surprise release announcement.

Ironically he even called the A-10 as going to be a surprise release.