Don't Have a COW, Man. Vickers with a Gun

This looks wonderful!  I have the Martinsyde in my stash and have seen this kit many times and have been tempted by it.  But I have not taken the bait as I was not sure what the kit would be like to build. Your endorsement means a lot - I think I will go for it.  This is such an unusual layout for an airplane that it is guaranteed to get comments.   Anyway, your finish is great and all the more so knowing this is resin.  Thanks for posting! 

• Like 1

I love this unusual machine, I saw an image of it in a magazine, poss Scale Aviation Modelled International a few years ago and wondered if there was a kit of it, wow to see there is is amazing . Your model is amazing to great job on this unusual machine.

Chris 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, billn53 said:

I’m totally unfamiliar with the type. Quite odd looking, isn’t it. Your build looks great!

One of many inter-war "seems like a good idea" designs which were overtaken by advances in technology or common sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Harold55 said:

This looks wonderful!  I have the Martinsyde in my stash and have seen this kit many times and have been tempted by it.  But I have not taken the bait as I was not sure what the kit would be like to build. Your endorsement means a lot - I think I will go for it.  This is such an unusual layout for an airplane that it is guaranteed to get comments.   Anyway, your finish is great and all the more so knowing this is resin.  Thanks for posting! 

@Harold55 - You'll know I'm sure, but the key on this one is to drill and pin EVERYTHING! I used 0.7mm brass rod for all struts and landing gear etc. You will need to trim the main gear and wing struts to conform to the angle and curve of the wing and/or cockpit, but Karaya's plans are to scale and very helpful in giving you a good starting point. Their kits are underrated in my opinion and I'm sure I'll be doing another.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

@Harold55 - You'll know I'm sure, but the key on this one is to drill and pin EVERYTHING! I used 0.7mm brass rod for all struts and landing gear etc. You will need to trim the main gear and wing struts to conform to the angle and curve of the wing and/or cockpit, but Karaya's plans are to scale and very helpful in giving you a good starting point. Their kits are underrated in my opinion and I'm sure I'll be doing another.

Well, I have mine on the way.  I have done the pinning thing several times so that should not be a problem.  It is great to know they have full size plans as it really help for getting the angles sanded right.  Thanks!

• Like 1