P-47D Color Question - "Little Bunny / Norma"

11bravo

Hi Folks,   I'm planning on building a P-47D "Little Bunny / Norma" assigned to the 57th FG in Corsica, late '44.  From all I have read, this aircraft was previously flown by a Brazilian unit and apparently they painted all their Jugs RAF Dark Green over light grey   When this aircraft was transferred to the USAF, the 57th FG used standard US Olive Drab to paint out some large markings on both sides of the middle fuselage.   I've only found a few B&W pictures of the real thing.   They are all heavily exposed and you can't really see any difference in tone, aside from this one:

page75_3.jpg

So first off - does anyone have any better (ideally color) pictures of this aircraft?   Secondly, can anyone confirm that Brazilian P-47's were painted RAF Dark Green?   If so, any thoughts on what the lower color was?   US Neutral Grey, NMF or an RAF color?    Any info is greatly appreciated. 

From "Republic P-47 Thunderbolt-The Final Chapter-Latin American Air Forces Service"  by Dan Hagedorn. In the sub chapter titled AIRCRAFT OF THE ITALIAN CAMPAIGN, "....With the initial exception of the Commanders and Operations Officers aircraft, which were natural metal, all unit aircraft were standard USAAF Olive Drab over Grey...."

Yes, Norma was taken from Brazilian Sq delivery, and as a Lend Lease aircraft was painted standard USAAF camouflage OD/NG. It is rather impossible to be sure what colour was used for field paint job. British DG is usually first choice in those occasions, but You can not be sure.

Contrasts seem to differ from picture to picture, so there is some field for interpretation.

If You gave me your e-mail I would send You a pic or two :).