Eurofighter Typhoon, Hasegawa 1/72

23 hours ago, alxzinbox said:

That's a beauty! The weathering is so subtle, yet convincingly portrays a well used and well maintained aircraft. The bare metal is noteworthy.

Thank you very much. Yes, the weathering on this one was key, been such a clean and well maintained aircraft. OPR (oil paint rendering) technique works perfect for a subtle weathering because you are in complete control when applying the paint. (not like a wash, which is unpredictable and all you do is cleaning  and remove paint). The metal is there different color paints two Tamiya lacquer paints and one Mr. color.

19 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

What wonderful paint work and extra surface detail, lovely Typhoon.

Thanks!. Simple colour scheme but looks cool anyways 😀. I love to add a bit more surface detail and I think rivets looks great.

17 hours ago, kapam said:

Excellent!  What I would call a "magazine-worthy" model!

:clap:

Must admit, I've asked myself many times if I should invest in a rivet wheel (or whatever they're called) but always chickened out.  May have to change my mind.

Thank you so much for your nice comment! 😀 I would love to show some of my models in a a magazine!

You should definitely get a riveting tool!. I recommend you "rose the riveter" brand and get yourself 3 different sizes to add variation to your rivets. They are super easy to use and in my opinion gives that extra umpf!

cheers

12 hours ago, desert falcon said:

Wunderschön 🥰 

Vielen Dank 😉

Edited by JrivasK
add text
  • Like 1

I like that one! Great work with the painting. I think it's one of the most difficult tasks in modelling to make what is essentially a monotone paint scheme and make it interesting - without overdoing it. You've done it, great job!     👍

Cheers,

Bill

14 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

I like that one! Great work with the painting. I think it's one of the most difficult tasks in modelling to make what is essentially a monotone paint scheme and make it interesting - without overdoing it. You've done it, great job!     👍

Cheers,

Bill

Thank you, Bill 😀. I really enjoy painting and weathering; they are my preferred part of the hobby.

You are right about working in monotone schemes, they can be quite boring but also they can be easily overdone when trying to make them look more interesting. So thank you!

1 hour ago, F-32 said:

Superb build :clap:

Thanks a lot 😉

• 11 months later...
On 16/03/2021 at 19:52, SAT69 said:

Unlike most companies, Hasegawa got the front end of the canopy framing and the rear of the windscreen framing correct. Revell's front end is too thick (broad?) and the rear windscreen framing is too thin (narrow?). Now if Hasegawa would just upscale this to 1/48 and introduce a two-seater version, I for one would be most happy. Your model looks wonderful and I'm very glad to hear about the excellent fit.

Amen to that. I thought I was the only one who thought that Revell's kits(all of them!) were off in that regard...a bit because their 1/48 kits are the only game in town, and fixing the canopy is really difficult. I'd love Hasegawa to do  a 1/48 kit...perhaps them or someone like GWH?

I work everyday on uk Typhoons at RAF Coningsby and i can say this is a fantastic build. Looks great.

Also you mentioned the outer main undercarriage doors are close to the german stormshadow. I load and teach how to load uk weapons to Typhoon and can confirm our stormshadows sit very close to the doors,  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Elliott. said:

If you don’t mind me asking what do use when taking photos of your models and what do you use for lighting because the photos look so good

No worries. Many years ago I purchased a professional lighting case for small objects. It unfolds as a cube, it has a reflective material inside and fluorescent lighting tubes with a plastic diffuser for smooth shadows.

The photos were taken with my old Leica M9 and a 50mm Summilux lens at f11. Unfortunately I recently discovered the sensor on my M9 is damage...😔