Eurofighter Typhoon, Hasegawa 1/72

Hi,

I Just finished this great kit from Hasegawa. Excellent fit, good detail, fantastic selection of weapon configurations etc. I just added the rivets and did some subtle weathering using oil paints.

JG74 Luftwaffe RED FLAG ALASKA 122 June 2012

Reference image:

YLnQjjah.jpg

XlUqbxD.jpg

WWtb7sd.jpg

PvGwIXX.jpg

3lwgUzG.jpg

4sicCaP.jpg

I1u8nLP.jpg

XWgYNhK.jpg

yIeYKzV.jpg

0CW5L4s.jpg

VK8gJLV.jpg

HzhQZzr.jpg

zr9uJJI.jpg

0wlUqMc.jpg

k45BmEZ.jpg

cheers and thanks for looking.

Jorge

Edited by JrivasK
added text
  • Like 73
  • Thanks 1

Unlike most companies, Hasegawa got the front end of the canopy framing and the rear of the windscreen framing correct. Revell's front end is too thick (broad?) and the rear windscreen framing is too thin (narrow?). Now if Hasegawa would just upscale this to 1/48 and introduce a two-seater version, I for one would be most happy. Your model looks wonderful and I'm very glad to hear about the excellent fit.

• Like 3

Thank you all for looking and for the nice comments!

7 hours ago, Properjob56 said:

...and with the right number of underwing pylons (says somebody who's grumpy that he bought the Revell version rather than this )

The Kit is really complete with 5 different weapon configurations, close air support (CAS), suppression of enemy defence (SEAD), air superiority, multirole/swingrole RAF and multirole/swingrole Luftwafe (this is the one I've choose)

Perhaps the only minor issue is that when using the Taurus KPED350 (the green long range cruiser missile) the doors of the landing gear are VERY tight and don't seem to fit correctly. Everything else is in my opinion really good!

6 hours ago, Jackman said:

That looks amazing! The rivets really add life to this already excellent kit.

Thank you. Since I started riveting my models (not so long ago) I simply can't stop adding them. In my opinion they look great and is surprisingly not so difficult or time consuming.

5 hours ago, Electric Indigo said:

Excellent finish – the weathering is spot on!

1 hour ago, Vultures1 said:

Very nice indeed!  Great finish and weathering - well done

Thank you Electric Indigo and Vultures1 !. This one was a tricky one. 😉 I love weathering all my models but the German Thyphoons are really clean! So I try to be more subtle and I got to say the photos looks a bit more dirty than the actual model when looking at normal distance ( remember is 1/72 scale...) I mostly did some panel colour variations and some minor stains.

1 hour ago, Troffa said:

Epic Typhoon- the finish is superb! Inspirational modelling- thanks for sharing!

Thank you very much. I'm glad it inspired you! 😀

19 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Unlike most companies, Hasegawa got the front end of the canopy framing and the rear of the windscreen framing correct. Revell's front end is too thick (broad?) and the rear windscreen framing is too thin (narrow?). Now if Hasegawa would just upscale this to 1/48 and introduce a two-seater version, I for one would be most happy. Your model looks wonderful and I'm very glad to hear about the excellent fit.

I have an old Revel two seater waiting to be build too. It seems there are some fitting issues with the Revel though, in particular with the air intakes....

cheers, and again thank you all for commenting 👍

Jorge

12 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Superb quality work on that Hasegawa kit. A few extra rivets make all the difference & the paint work is spot on for the scale.

Martin

Thank you Martin.  Yeah I love riveting my models, to me it really helps! and some weathering is a must! 😉 😀

• Like 1

Excellent!  What I would call a "magazine-worthy" model!

:clap:

Must admit, I've asked myself many times if I should invest in a rivet wheel (or whatever they're called) but always chickened out.  May have to change my mind.