Pfalz D.III & D.IIIa - scratchbuilds in 1/144

Finished at last. Here are my two little Pfalz scouts in 1/144.

Little wasps...  I'm normally more of an RFC type, but I'm really happy with how they came out.  :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I hope you like them.  Here is a link to the work in progress thread for some photos taken along the way:

• Like 49
  • Thanks 4

Astonishing! I'm totally amazed by these, and in awe at your skills. Just read through the WIP thread, - how I wish I had skills like yours!

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

There don't seem to be any superlatives left!

All I can say is "Astonishing, Incredible, Astounding, Amazing". The workmanship is out of this world, and it's hard to reconcile the detail and sheer finesse of these models with their scale. And they're tiny aeroplanes to begin with.

Beautiful!

• Like 2

Thank you everybody I really appreciate the kind words ❤️

I'm so glad they are done.  It was a pretty long project so its nice to be able to clear the bench and start something new.  The next one has already been started and is coming along fast.  And its something very British this time too, so that's a big plus. :)

• Like 1

Utterly astonishing detail for 1/144! Beautiful. I have absolutely no conception of how to go about rigging a 1/144 biplane - especially to that standard!

Cheers

Malcolm

Absolutely outstandingly clever workmanship - If you had not said, I would have been convinced these were from a kit - I really am in awe of your obvious (true) modelling skills

Regards

Dave

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2021 at 10:26 PM, Putty Animal said:

I'm really happy with how they came out.  :)

So you should be - they are superb. I don’t know how I missed the WiP thread previously, but I read through it last night and I’m working my way through the linked Sparrowhawk WiP again. They make my few amateur 1:144 scratchbuilds look very agricultural in comparison. I really like the jig idea and using acrylic for the wings is inspired; when I’m able to spend more time at the modelling desk (I’m on a kind of enforced sabbatical at the moment) I must give it a go.

Jon