HMS Amethyst

Hi Everyone 

This is HMS Amethyst in 1/700 scale. I'm posting the pictures on behalf of my Dad who actually built and painted it, so at least we're keeping it in the family. He's currently finishing off his 1/96 HMS Amethyst so we'll get the picture's on here as soon as we can. I'm still waiting for Trumpeter to issue a 1/200 Yamato before I tackle ships again. I know dream on !!

The 50 pence coin is 1/1 scale

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope to puts some more pics of ships soon.

Regards

Trace 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Beautifull ship, very ellegant model and good, sharp and light photos.

👍 + :clap:

Great joy to see, especially I slowly build one of her sisters, HMS Whimbrel or Woodpecker (1/350).

Is it White Ensign Models?

👂You said 1/96 model?👂

Sounds like a real:bomb:, can't wait for it!

(and more photos, please!)

Edited by socjo1

What great work. I was enjoying the first few pictures thinking about how much effort must have gone in to the build and then I see the 50 pence piece picture and realise how small the kit is, and can really appreciate the detail even more. Tip top

33 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

Your dad's model is lovely, but either the model is 1/350 scale or the 50p is 1/2 scale.

HMS Amethyst was 283ft long which is 123mm in 1/700 scale

You are spot on Dave it's my mistake the scale is 1/350 

13 hours ago, mick b said:

Congratulations to your Dad Trace on producing an excellent model, judging by the 50 pence I would’ve thought it 1/350th ?

Mike

Hi Mike 

Yes you are correct it's my error the scale is 1/350

• Like 2

Lovely model, my great uncle served aboard her from November 1947 right up until 17th April '49 so left her immediately before she departed Shanghai for the Nanking station.

I presume its the Atlantic Models kit?

One question, if I may ask. Why did you paint Hedgehog missiles red? I'm not an expert at all, but didn't seen earlier such option... 

8 hours ago, AntPhillips said:

Lovely model, my great uncle served aboard her from November 1947 right up until 17th April '49 so left her immediately before she departed Shanghai for the Nanking station.

I presume its the Atlantic Models kit?

It's actually the White ensign HMS Starling but converted to Amethyst

• Thanks 1

On 16/03/2021 at 14:55, socjo1 said:

One question, if I may ask. Why did you paint Hedgehog missiles red? I'm not an expert at all, but didn't seen earlier such option... 

We understand that red isn't the correct colour for the hedgehog's, we think they should be a dark green. Too late to change now but it should be correct for the next one.

• Thanks 1