Macross VF-1A

hi, I wanted to share with you fellow modellers what I have on my bench right now. is a 1/100 scale model from wave corp.

this is a snapfit kit, and has decals and details for three different painting schemes.  

since I already finished the VF 1-a battroid version , I will keep the same paint scheme for the jet version. this way I can later mix the two kits together and get the gerwalk stage which is awesome 😁

here's some pics

IMG_20210314_122345

IMG_20210314_122458

and here after filling seams, priming and preshading

IMG_20210315_193423

• Like 10

Mack-oo-Ross! I still have a fondness for the old Macross ships with their arms and legs. I’ve got a few of those kits in the stash, with the 1:48 Hasegawa VF-1 taking pride of place. :)

• Like 1

update!  photos and some details :

- paint is mostly tamiya xf 1 , xf 2 and the brown base is 50% flat earth(xf 52 ) and 50% dark yellow 2 ( xf 88 ) and flat brown xf 10 for the feet- turbine exhaust

- decals applied

- clear coat applied

- weathering made with tamiya panel line, some chipping here and there and black oil streaks in some points.

behind you can see the battroid version ( which I built in 2020).

next step is the gerwalk stage!

DSC_0248

DSC_0254

DSC_0252

DSC_0253

DSC_0257

DSC_0247

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Thom216 said:

Neat looking lil model. Nice job. Looks a quarter larger than it really is.

yes! when you start accumulating models on the shelf you realize smaller scales are not a bad idea 😉

8 hours ago, GMK said:

Perfect shade of brown you’ve managed there. Love the Wave kits. Have about a dozen in the stash that I need to get rid of. 

Watching with interest. 

thank you!

what do you mean " you need to get rid of" ?!    build them and show on the forum!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moondrome said:

thank you!

what do you mean " you need to get rid of" ?!    build them and show on the forum!! 

Too easy!

I’ve moved across to 1/16 scale armour, pretty much exclusively, designing & 3D printing my own kits. I’m just reluctant to get rid of them...yet. 

• Like 1

hello ! I declare this topic  CLOSED because after my best attempt at building the gerwalk ( half airplane half battroid) I realised is impossible😢.  one year ago when I built the battroid I glued one leg joint and now is impossible to remove without breaking everything apart... so I prefer to keep the two separate models. day will come when I will complete a gerwalk from a new kit..

thanks for watching and commenting :)

and now let's take a look at what i have on my stash

• Sad 2