ICM 1/32 Gloster Gladiator G-22 1/I/2 Aé (Comet) Squadron, Aéronautique Militaire Belge

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful Gladiator Stew, I especially like the shots of both this one and your Sea Gladiator taken from "1/32 scale observer" height, makes me feel that I'm in a museum with them.

Off to see how you managed the collector rings and exhausts.

• Thanks 1

Great job, Stew! I get the shakes when I look at all that rigging - I cringe doing just one aerial wire! Do I have to do all that when I get around to my Airfix 1:72 kit? Yikes!    :drunk:

Cheers,

Bill

• Haha 1

Nice. I would like to know about the rigging. Did you drill holes for the rigging? How deep? Did you assemble completely then rig or did the top rig assemble then the bottom rig? I have a Gloster Glad iator and some EZ line coming and any tips you might offer would be swell. Thanks and Thanks for not ruining your display with photobucket watermarks. It is easier to get help from a picture when it can be seen

Edited by RudyBob
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RudyBob said:

Nice. I would like to know about the rigging. Did you drill holes for the rigging? How deep? Did you assemble completely then rig or did the top rig assemble then the bottom rig? I have a Gloster Glad iator and some EZ line coming and any tips you might offer would be swell. Thanks and Thanks for not ruining your display with photobucket watermarks. It is easier to get help from a picture when it can be seen

Thanks RudyBob :) I drilled the holes all the way through the upper-halves of the lower wing, and the lower-halves of the upper wing before assembly, the same for the upper tailplanes then drilled through the forward hole in the upper tailplane to get a single matching hole in the lower tailplane once they were assembled. The fit of the lower wing to the fuselage was good enough to do most of the lower rigging prior to fitting the wing, after the upperwing was attached the model was inverted and the thread inserted into the holes in the upperwing and secured with gel superglue which I put in the holes before poking the thread into the hole and holding it for a few seconds.

The build thread is here, you might find something useful in it as you progress with your build:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1