Heather's TSR2 diorama *DNF*

6 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Besides, the Western Thunder fairies lead me to believe that a large pre/early war high wing twin engine bomber may be in your future ............?

Indeed. I have broken cover in the Bristol GB, and I expect I'll start a thread over the weekend.

You are correct that time away from the vehicles will be a healer. Having got so far with both of them, well, the refuelled at least, it would seem silly not to complete them eventually. That said, I have any number of part-finished vehicles littering various storage boxes. :shrug:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well, sorry folks. I’ve decided these models are not destined to be completed in this GB. I’ve packed them away carefully, and will revisit them when I feel I can properly give them my time and energy.

So, my first GB DNF. A bit of a turn up for the books. :(

• Sad 6

• Heather Kay changed the title to Heather's TSR2 diorama *DNF*

A great shame Heather but we've all been there.

On a positive note, your work on the refueler got me very inspired about such things (including other airfield vehicles), and quite fired up to get one. I found this mob quite interesting (I saw them at Telford also): https://www.scalemates.com/brands/mil-mod--7207 Very pricy though!

Terry

4 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

Ooh, interesting. I’ve been seeking suitable vehicles for my 1940 France stuff. I’ll keep an eye on that range. :like:

There's always another GB:thumbsup:...have you seen this proposal?

It would clearly appreciate the support, and obscure airfield vehicles😍

46 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

It would clearly appreciate the support, and obscure airfield vehicles😍

Hmm. I might have to add my name - though my stock of 25% or less vehicle kits is much diminished at present!

• Haha 1

Heather that means since all your stuff is either built and out of the way or stuff partially built and out of the way , you have room for more stuff. Sounds like a shopping excursion would be in order. So you need more stuff

• Haha 3

On 6/21/2021 at 11:46 AM, Tigercat75 said:

Here's something that might be handy 

https://anyscalemodels.com/shop/railways/laffly-w15-french-armoured-car.html

The site has tons of other handy diorama stuff too 

I am impressed by their diorama stuff, but the vehicles have the same problem as the "cheap" Millicast  Tillies I have - solid block of resin so you have to paint the cab windows a suitable colour, which I have yet to find. I tried a mix of black, silver and clear blue but it does not look quite right. I like the sunken/wrecked boats!

Pete

• Like 1