Miniarts lorry done and dusted

I really enjoyed this build. I'm quite fond of Miniarts models. They travel by the road less travelled by, and both engineering and fit are very good. Sometimes their kits are a little over-engineered, but since the fit is so good it works. Small, fiddly parts, especially the thinner ones (has anyone managed not to break the little footstep on the left side?) are a bit taxing, but the plastic is forgiving, so it's most often quite easy to clean the parts up. The decals are very good; thin but still resilient, and with a little setting fluid they really "hug" the plastic, even though, in this case, the plastic is quite rough as it is meant to represent the grain in the wood.

Ultimate glossy black primer, One shot grey primer, and Vallejo red. Metals by Vallejo (I find their acrylic metal paints really great!). Oils för weathering, dust by Mission models transparent dust. Tarpaulin made from regular printing paper and some thread, painted in Lifecolor, different faded shades of olive drab. Planks are painted plastic ribs.

Hope you like it!

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 37
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...