1/35 RUC Hotspur Armoured Land Rover ++ Finished ++

CliffB

I seem to be moving at a snail's pace on this one, but at least I'm moving in the right direction!

I've now added the more robust PE, plus bits of plastic scrap to repair some of the damage that I caused during construction.

P1120405.JPG

and it's all looking much better with a coat of primer on :winkgrin:

P1120406.JPG

Cheers

• Like 10

Thanks @JOCKNEY @JeroenS @BKirwan and @Ted

I've now got the paint and wheels on, so it's starting to look a bit more complete.

spacer.png

The real vehicle was painted a pale blue/grey and Accurate Armour have recommended this Vallejo Light Blue.  It's not very different to my primer!

Internally I've kept things very simple, as virtually nothing is visible with the roof on.

spacer.png

Next up will be the clear parts, which are provided as coloured (transparent) resin pieces.  I can immediately see that supposedly identical pieces are actually different sizes, so I'm expecting a bit of work to get them to fit properly ;).

spacer.png

Cheers

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

Coloured transparencies, swanky. I was expecting clear and paint them

As you can probably see, they're not particulatly clear.  This is probably not a problem though, as the windows are thick armoured glass.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again everyone.

The clear parts are on now and all the PE bits that needed folding/assembling are finished :)

P1120438.JPG

P1120439.JPG

P1120437.JPG

Cheers

• Like 4

And here we are finished.  Not a kit to be rushed, but I got there in the end.

Like all my builds it's 'clean', so how it would have looked fresh out of the RUC workshops ;).

P1120442.JPG

Thank you to all who have supported the build and especially to @Mjwomack for being a very attentive host :cheers:

Cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• CliffB changed the title to 1/35 RUC Hotspur Armoured Land Rover ++ Finished ++
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...