1/72 Modelsvit Dassault Mirage III B

Hello

Here is at least my first kit of the year with this 1/72 Modelsvit Dassault Mirage III B. I chose to build her as a/c No 203 #2-FG, a natural metal two seat trainer from ECT02/002 in 1974.

This kit is easy to build with very nice and fine parts. The only trouble went when I tried to insert the well detailed injected cockpit inside the fuselage. Actually I had to sand on the sides of the cockpit and even the position of the closed canopy is not perfect. So it would be better to make her with this canopy open.

The paint came from Duralumin and Steel Alclad range. Every part came from the box. I think I will build some more in camouflage paint later.

Comments are welcome.

Patrick

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 68

Hello Patrick,

I like all Mirage subjects. Finally we get a really nice kits from Modelsvit. Together with very nice camouflage and good modeling job, the result must be awesome. And your result is really awesome!!

P.S. It seems that canopy fitting is not too critical. My Mirage IIIB kit is in my friends hands and unfortunatelly I can not pick up it due to covid restrictions. I hope I will get it soon. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2021 at 4:10 PM, Wez said:

Beautiful job Patrick, really nice.

I shall be making one of these in the forthcoming French Fancy 2 GB, I can only hope that my model comes out half as nice as this I'll be very happy.

Thank you.

I could enter in the French Fancy 2 GB next summer.

Patrick

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 6:11 PM, SAT69 said:

Your model is beautiful! I don't see any problem with the canopy fit at all. 

Thank you.

Actually the rear part of the canopy is not wide enough and I had to put some wood glue to get something better. The gap was about half a millimeter each side.

Patrick

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, David Koktavý said:

Hello Patrick,

I like all Mirage subjects. Finally we get a really nice kits from Modelsvit. Together with very nice camouflage and good modeling job, the result must be awesome. And your result is really awesome!!

P.S. It seems that canopy fitting is not too critical. My Mirage IIIB kit is in my friends hands and unfortunatelly I can not pick up it due to covid restrictions. I hope I will get it soon. 

Thank you

The Mirage IIIB is not exactly made from the same runners as the Mirage IIIE because for example the wings have separated elevons which can be placed straight or dropped like I made.

Patrick

On 16/03/2021 at 05:22, VG 33 said:

Thank you.

I could enter in the French Fancy 2 GB next summer.

Patrick

Yes you could and we'd be very pleased if you did.

@VG 33 Patrick, I've added you to the list, you're number 83, looks like we're in for another epic GB!

• Thanks 1

That is a really nice job. I am not surprised that you had trouble fitting the cockpit. I have suffered greatly at Modelsvit's hands in the past in that regard.

John

• Thanks 1

I have to agree with all the previous comments, the work undertaken for your build Patrick has resulted in a first class replica of the Mirage IIIB.

Well done, you have set the bar high for those us still making this model.

Cheers,

Zhizhou

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, VG 33 said:

Thank you.

Actually the rear part of the canopy is not wide enough and I had to put some wood glue to get something better. The gap was about half a millimeter each side.

Patrick

For my old (70 years) eyes, that wouldn't even be noticeable. On the other hand, I must commend you for taking such care to tend to details the way you do. It's most commendable.

• Thanks 1