Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello

 

Here is at least my first kit of the year with this 1/72 Modelsvit Dassault Mirage III B. I chose to build her as a/c No 203 #2-FG, a natural metal two seat trainer from ECT02/002 in 1974.

 

This kit is easy to build with very nice and fine parts. The only trouble went when I tried to insert the well detailed injected cockpit inside the fuselage. Actually I had to sand on the sides of the cockpit and even the position of the closed canopy is not perfect. So it would be better to make her with this canopy open.

 

The paint came from Duralumin and Steel Alclad range. Every part came from the box. I think I will build some more in camouflage paint later.

 

Comments are welcome.

 

Patrick

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

  • Like 65
Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful job. A clean and precise build of this lovely sleek aircraft. Excellent paint finish, well done.:clap2:

Pete

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful job Patrick, really nice.

 

I shall be making one of these in the forthcoming French Fancy 2 GB, I can only hope that my model comes out half as nice as this I'll be very happy.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely stunning! That has to rank as the nicest model I’ve seen so far this year, and I’ve seen some good ones!

Cheers,

Mark.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Your model is beautiful! I don't see any problem with the canopy fit at all. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic, stunning work!

Looks like another must have kit! A huge improvement on the Matchbox kit!

 

Martin

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful build and paint job, great modelling !

 

Wulfman

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Superb.  A lovely clean finish really suits this aircraft.  Great work.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Patrick,

I like all Mirage subjects. Finally we get a really nice kits from Modelsvit. Together with very nice camouflage and good modeling job, the result must be awesome. And your result is really awesome!!

 

P.S. It seems that canopy fitting is not too critical. My Mirage IIIB kit is in my friends hands and unfortunatelly I can not pick up it due to covid restrictions. I hope I will get it soon. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

She looks stunning, beautiful painting brings her to life ,well done 👏

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of two-seat Mirages, but your model is outstanding in every way, with a very realistic bare metal finish. Well done!

Mike

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2021 at 4:10 PM, Wez said:

Beautiful job Patrick, really nice.

 

I shall be making one of these in the forthcoming French Fancy 2 GB, I can only hope that my model comes out half as nice as this I'll be very happy.

 

Thank you.

I could enter in the French Fancy 2 GB next summer.

Patrick

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2021 at 6:11 PM, SAT69 said:

Your model is beautiful! I don't see any problem with the canopy fit at all. 

 

Thank you.

Actually the rear part of the canopy is not wide enough and I had to put some wood glue to get something better. The gap was about half a millimeter each side.

Patrick

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, David Koktavý said:

Hello Patrick,

I like all Mirage subjects. Finally we get a really nice kits from Modelsvit. Together with very nice camouflage and good modeling job, the result must be awesome. And your result is really awesome!!

 

P.S. It seems that canopy fitting is not too critical. My Mirage IIIB kit is in my friends hands and unfortunatelly I can not pick up it due to covid restrictions. I hope I will get it soon. 

 

 

 

Thank you

The Mirage IIIB is not exactly made from the same runners as the Mirage IIIE because for example the wings have separated elevons which can be placed straight or dropped like I made.

Patrick

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2021 at 05:22, VG 33 said:

 

Thank you.

I could enter in the French Fancy 2 GB next summer.

Patrick

Yes you could and we'd be very pleased if you did.

 

@VG 33 Patrick, I've added you to the list, you're number 83, looks like we're in for another epic GB!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a really nice job. I am not surprised that you had trouble fitting the cockpit. I have suffered greatly at Modelsvit's hands in the past in that regard.

John

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with all the previous comments, the work undertaken for your build Patrick has resulted in a first class replica of the Mirage IIIB.

 

Well done, you have set the bar high for those us still making this model.

 

Cheers,

Zhizhou

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VG 33 said:

 

Thank you.

Actually the rear part of the canopy is not wide enough and I had to put some wood glue to get something better. The gap was about half a millimeter each side.

Patrick

For my old (70 years) eyes, that wouldn't even be noticeable. On the other hand, I must commend you for taking such care to tend to details the way you do. It's most commendable.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not a jet man, Patrick, but your work is first class - lovely, neat clean finish

 

Regards

 

Dave

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...