1:32 Ju EF-126

51035094823_94e68b0f45.jpg

Here’s my attempt of building Das Werk’s 1:32 Ju Ef-126 "Elli"/Ef-127 "Walli", I opted to build the double Argus engined Ef-126.

This is Das Werk’s first foray into aircraft, all mistakes are down to me, I can highly recommend the kit it’s a very reasonably priced, large scale, unusual subject that offers 3 types, EF-126 single Argus pulse-jet, EF-126 double Argus pulse-jet or EF-127 Walther 509C1 rocket powered versions. Also included in the kit are two different types of display “stands”, either a factory cradle or take-off/taxi trolly, either of which could be used in a diorama?

I also purchased a couple of aftermarket items, Uschi van de Rosten woodgrain decals, specifically made for this kit, and a set of “generic” Luftwaffe HGW ‘fabric’ seat harness.

Paints used were AK Extreme metals, Mr Hobby, MRP and Tamiya.

51035835491_7c95434459_c.jpg

51035103063_7294c71137_c.jpg

51035835436_a1e4561ef3_c.jpg

51035835411_f3e0bb622b_c.jpg

51035102988_4835f80aa6_c.jpg

51035102958_562e91b2cd_c.jpg

51035835371_e49962b265_c.jpg

51035835346_60de1deced_c.jpg

51035941917_5b91632c36_c.jpg

…you can see the build log here…

until next time

as always, any suggestions, criticisms or comments will be gratefully received.

rgds

John(shortCummins)

• Like 29

That looks great! Nice to see an aircraft in its original material without camouflage. The metal and wood are very convincing.

What's the different flap/aileron surface about - same parts used on either side but upside down?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Toryu said:

That looks great! Nice to see an aircraft in its original material without camouflage. The metal and wood are very convincing.

What's the different flap/aileron surface about - same parts used on either side but upside down?

thanks Toryu

Das Werk supply decals of coded stamps for different aluminium alloys, I've just added some to various panels to give a little more "interest"

rgds

John(shortCummins)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RMCS said:

Outstanding 

thanks RMCS

it's a really well engineered kit and I enjoyed the build

9 hours ago, billn53 said:

Very, very nice. I followed your WIP and couldn’t resist ordering one for myself. It will go along nicely with the Fly Natter in my stash. 🙂

thanks billn53

I'm sure you won't be disappointed

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

John,

A really interesting build and a beautiful finish - thank you!

Cheers,

Roger

thanks Roger

I like "different" aircraft and schemes, this filled both criteria

1 hour ago, SafetyDad said:

That came out really well there John - take a bow!

I too now have acquired one (two actually) of these

SD

thanks SD

Das Werk supply plenty of options so I'm sure you'll enjoy both builds 

1 hour ago, Viking said:

Interesting aeroplane, and beautifully built to an incredibly high standard. A real treat to look at.

Cheers

John

thanks Viking

I made too many mistakes for my licking, I'm getting better with every build but still so much to improve, but I really enjoyed this one, and that's what's really important!

50 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

That looks brilliant !.. the late war German experimental and "last ditch" stuff is fascinating and some of their designs were incredibly advanced....Did that one ever fly in WW2 out of interest?

thanks Pig of the Week

she is "different", in a good way 😄

42 minutes ago, Booty003 said:

That looks ace, the mix of materials used is a very nice touch and looks very convincing.  I too am a big fan of the Luft '46 stuff.

thanks Booty003

it always surprises me when I find an aircraft made from wood, metal and canvas, I'd always assumed that after the 1930's all aircraft would have been all metal? having said that I like displaying the "naked" airframe, I'm sure I'll find another subject in the not too distant future.

32 minutes ago, Homer said:

Beautiful model well done 👏 

thanks Homer

the kit is a joy, a real mojo restorer 

thanks for the encouragement 👍

best rgds

John(shortCummins)

• Like 2