Anigrand 1/144 Myasishchev Bison

Hi guys,

Just as Mikro Mir announce they are releasing an injection kit of this beast I will be building the resin version for this GB. I know Anigrand have their critics but I have built a few and they have gone together well, and they did produce kits that noone else was doing at the time. Even in 1/144 it will be a decent size and I am looking forward to getting started.

Dave

IMG_20210314_134556

• Like 8

Very soon a scientist will win a Nobel prize for proving that it is an inviolate rule of the universe that when a modeller decides to embark on a difficult kit that within a matter of months a very straight-forward IM version will be released🙄.  Yet that's part of what gives me a (possibly perverse) satisfaction with models in obscure media.

Thanks for the helpful knee in the pic to give a sense of scale, but given the weight of resin I fancy this is the sort of model you'll have to watch your back with when you come to lift it off the floor. There again, if you make it on the floor you won't have to clear the table and the carpet monster won't have time to spot falling parts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nice!!!!  :thumbsup:

Anigrand models generally quite nice to build and don't have too many issues. That said the XB-51 I built/modified had banana shaped fuselage, plus one side shorter than the other!! ( it though go on to be voted model of the year on another site). This model I think is one of their later releases which are nicely done, their earlier ones can require some extra work.

The nice thing with this series was the added bonus of those extra models.

I look forward to seeing this one built, good luck with her.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 7:11 AM, bianfuxia said:

Cool! 

Did that boxing come with the four "mystery" kits like some of the others do? If so will you build them and what are they?

It did come with the mystery kits which are:

IMG_20210329_181659

I still have kits left over from the Blinder and Starlifter kits which will never be built. They are free to a good home if anyone would like them.

The kit itself looks pretty good and I have joined the fuselage halves with 5-minute epoxy which both holds the parts well and fills the join. The cockpit area is spartan (only seats) but not much will be seen so it is not an issue. The whole area has been painted green as per photos online even though it looks black in the photo below. The wings have quite a large gap to fill in the join underneath which will probably require a sliver of plastic card. A little bit of rubbing down all around but it will not require much work. This will be a bit of a slow start as I need to finish my Skyhawk and Gulf War heavies, but hopefully it won't be too long.

IMG_20210329_163414

• Like 5

4 hours ago, rafalbert said:

It did come with the mystery kits which are:

I still have kits left over from the Blinder and Starlifter kits which will never be built. They are free to a good home if anyone would like them.

The kit itself looks pretty good and I have joined the fuselage halves with 5-minute epoxy which both holds the parts well and fills the join. The cockpit area is spartan (only seats) but not much will be seen so it is not an issue. The whole area has been painted green as per photos online even though it looks black in the photo below. The wings have quite a large gap to fill in the join underneath which will probably require a sliver of plastic card. A little bit of rubbing down all around but it will not require much work. This will be a bit of a slow start as I need to finish my Skyhawk and Gulf War heavies, but hopefully it won't be too long.

I will happily give them a good home! I have paypal or venmo to cover the postage to Australia! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have been working on this in the background and will now have more time since I ruined the Nimrod I was working on for the Gulf War GB 🤦🏼‍♂️. The cockpit arrangement is unusual in that it is combined with the fuselage section and cast in clear resin, with the radome cast in normal resin. From reading other reviews, it seems that this section was originally cast in one piece, but has since been changed to two separate pieces of differing size and joined on the top. This left sizeable gaps which I have filled initially with strips of plastic card and will follow up with filler. 

IMG_20210515_195346

• Like 4

Sad news about the Nimrod, but glad to see that this beast has broken cover and is still lumbering on. I'm intrigued by the arrangement for the cockpit- never come across that way of doing things before.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wings now attached and a bit of cleaning up all round before I can think of applying paint. It is pretty big to say the least, I would guess similar to a B-52 in dimensions but a slightly smaller wingspan. I love the look of the old girl, it is quite an elegant design. I really need to pur that crossword book away properly! 😳

IMG_20210530_170718

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, please accept my apologies but with work being bonkers as we are prepping to reopen the unit and me being over-comitted with models and being generally slow, this will not be finished on time. I am now on leave (technically at least) for a few days so should have this completed by the middle of the week at the latest but not in time for the gallery. Most of the painting has been done, a few touch ups are required then it just needs the undercarriage to be attached and decals applied.

IMG_20210711_153346

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rafalbert said:

with work being bonkers

Further proof that work is a four letter word and shouldn't be used in polite conversation!! Shame this one be flying into the gallery anytime soon but I do find it surprisingly elegant for such a big beastie.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished, not perfect by any means and I could not blend the cockpit section properly to save my life. Still, she looks pretty impressive and is pretty big, and will look pretty good on my shelf.

Dave

IMG_20210723_170558 IMG_20210723_170613 IMG_20210723_170639

• Like 2