Tamiya Pzr lll Ausf N

Andy J

So today's update and the turret is complete which means I now have the three main assemblies together and primed ready to add a few shades of grey 🙂. Next job will be to fit the three parts together and then crack on with the fun part....splashing some paint around. Here's a few pic's of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And with the black primer applied 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So hopefully I can crack on with this build tomorrow though having thought about it i may add another colour on top of the primer before applying the base coat to help me with the weathering later on. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Andy. That's looking very impressive in it primer coat! :thumbsup: It does look to be a very well detailed kit.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix it has enough detail for me mate and fits together really well. I'm looking forward to starting the paint work and breathing some life into the plastic. I have another 5 Pzr III kits in the stash so I might see how many I can build before the end of the GB 🙂👍

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I have another 5 Pzr III kits in the stash so I might see how many I can build before the end of the GB

@Enzo Matrix will be your best mate for ever!! :D

Kind regards,

Stix

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

@Enzo Matrix will be your best mate for ever!! :D

Kind regards,

Stix

Well he needs to keep his powder dry because I have been known to change my mind occasionally 🙃 

• Haha 1

So today's update and I've applied some shades of grey to the Pzr III. I'm happy with the paint so far the next part could be tricky when I try to apply the whitewash camo to the scheme. However I have a few ideas and a plan to tackle the whitewash so hopefully fingers crossed I can pull it off. Here's some pic's of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So whitewash camo next then various shenanigans and filters to hopefully pull it all together and blend the scheme nicely. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 10

Hey Andy!

That paint job looks the doggys whatsit!

To my eye and obviously photographs can be deceptive but the panzer grey looks great. 

My only suggestion be careful weathering it (if It gets a whitewash this is irrelevant) as it would be very easy to make it far too dark. But as it sits, brilliant!

If going for a whitewash I'm playing with Abteilung 502 Snow White and rather liking the versatility if it!

Atb

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Hey Andy!

That paint job looks the doggys whatsit!

To my eye and obviously photographs can be deceptive but the panzer grey looks great. 

My only suggestion be careful weathering it (if It gets a whitewash this is irrelevant) as it would be very easy to make it far too dark. But as it sits, brilliant!

If going for a whitewash I'm playing with Abteilung 502 Snow White and rather liking the versatility if it!

Atb

Thanks Darryl the difficulty with the whitewash on this build is that it forms 50% of the camo scheme. It wasn't just splashed about willy nilly it was actually painted on as part of the camo scheme. So I need to try and paint a faded camo whitewash scheme that looks right for this Pzr III. Trial and error I'm afraid but I have got a plan of attack in mind though success is definitely not guaranteed 🙂👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andy J said:

Thanks Darryl the difficulty with the whitewash on this build is that it forms 50% of the camo scheme. It wasn't just splashed about willy nilly it was actually painted on as part of the camo scheme. So I need to try and paint a faded camo whitewash scheme that looks right for this Pzr III. Trial and error I'm afraid but I have got a plan of attack in mind though success is definitely not guaranteed 🙂👍

Sounds interesting, is it's one of the box options?

11 hours ago, Andy J said:

It wasn't just splashed about willy nilly it was actually painted on as part of the camo scheme.

And another thing....what are you saying about my whitewash! 😠  

😉

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Sounds interesting, is it's one of the box options?

And another thing....what are you saying about my whitewash! 😠  

😉

It's the scheme shown on the box art Darryl and having seen an actual photo of the tank the whitewash was definitely painted in a sort of camo pattern if you see what I mean. As for your whitewash like the comment I made on your thread it looks very realistic mate though certainly more randomly applied than I'm looking for 🙂👍

• Like 1

So today's update and I've applied the whitewash camo scheme and I have to say i like it. I decided to tackle the scheme with Mig Washable White sprayed through the airbrush and it's given me a good base to work with. I have applied a small amount of weathering to the turret but there's a long way to go yet as I haven't started any weathering on the main hull or the lower hull. I've tried to create a random finish to the whitewash so it doesn't look like a solid colour and for now I'm happy with it. Here's a few pic's of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So far from the finished look I'm after but a step in the right direction imo. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 11

6 hours ago, WarhammerAdjacent said:

Lovely build and the camo looks great!

Thanks so far so good 👍

5 hours ago, Hewy said:

Smashing job

Thanks I'm pleased with the progress so far 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Looking good Andy, i like what you've doing with the staining on the turret.

Nice work👍

Thanks Darryl just a bit of an experiment with the turret but I like the results 🙂👍

So grabbed a couple of hours after work and I've added a semi gloss coat and more weathering to the build. The difference maybe only slight but I'm happy with the way this one is going. I'm conscious of not going to far with the weathering but atm this Pzr III looks exactly how I wanted it to at this stage so I'm a happy modeller to say the least 🙃👍. Here's a few pic's of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So I need to start working on the wheels and tracks next then when everything is in place I can start fettling the build into shape. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 8

Absolutely beautiful work with the painting and the start of the weathering! This really is going to look awesome!! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Absolutely beautiful work with the painting and the start of the weathering! This really is going to look awesome!! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix comments like that are good for the mojo but tbh i enjoy these builds so much i don't suffer from mojo issues 🙂. I think I need to get the wheels and tracks in place now so i can see the big picture then make some decisions on how to move forward. I'm experimenting all the time with different methods some work and some don't but it's good fun regardless of the outcome 🙂👍

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Andy J said:

So grabbed a couple of hours after work and I've added a semi gloss coat and more weathering to the build. The difference maybe only slight but I'm happy with the way this one is going. I'm conscious of not going to far with the weathering but atm this Pzr III looks exactly how I wanted it to at this stage so I'm a happy modeller to say the least 🙃👍. Here's a few pic's of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So I need to start working on the wheels and tracks next then when everything is in place I can start fettling the build into shape. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

Absolute 👍 👍 👍

MD

• Like 1

So today's update and the wheels and tracks are in position. Now I can get a better feel for what other work is required to move this build forward. So decals, tools and some detail painting required plus more weathering in certain areas but for now I'm happy with progress so far 🙂. Here's a few pic's of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's where the build stands atm more work tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Really turning these things out Andy and looking great to boot!

Nice chipping too btw. 👍

Atb

Thanks Darryl I've found that the Mig weathering pencils are pretty good for creating the chipping effects. No more choc chip for me 😂👍

So today's update and tbh I could have finished this build today but I decided to not rush through the final stages and take my time which is very unusual for me 🙂. All the tools have been added plus I've mounted the spare wheels and the decals are all in place. So to finish off the build I need to detail paint the spare tracks and tone down the gloss finish a little which I'll try to do by applying a light matt coat of varnish. A little bit more weathering will be added in certain places but not much as I think I'm pretty close to the finish I'm after. Here's a few pic's of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So the next update should be the final one as long as things go to plan. I've really enjoyed this build so far this is a nice kit from Tamiya and I think i may well build it again in the future and apply a different paint scheme. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 8

So the final update as the Pzr III is finished. I have thoroughly enjoyed this build from start to finish and im pleased with the final results. I've painted the spare track links toned down the gloss finish slightly and added a small amount of weathering to certain areas. Here's a pic of the finished build I will post more in the rfi section later 

spacer.png

Thanks to everyone who followed along and I appreciate all your comments. Right time to start the next one back soon and thanks again 🙂👍

• Like 9