Renault TN6C2 - Autobus Parisien

Resurrection time......

I had coveted this since first seeing it in Beatties Birmingham when I was 13 - 40 years later I brought one on eBay as my get back into modelling project spent 2 months building then got distracted and shelved it - 5 months later and the cat decided he didn’t like it on the shelf so sent it to the floor ☹️ - it’s sat there now for 15 more months dejected and unloved - it’s time has come though and it’s now back on the workbench  

first job was to repair the cat damage which got me back to this

spacer.png

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve now finished the passenger compartment  interior and cab added the wheels etc and started getting it ready for paint

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

hopefully I’ll finish it this time 

• Like 5

I have seen this in the shops and often wondered over the years whether I should buy one!
I am so tempted! They appear on the bay from time to time.

Still, I have so many on the go, and many, many more in the stash waiting. One more may be one too many ...

Cheers,

Alan.

I clicked on this as I didn't know what a Renault TN6C2 was (buses really aren't my thing), however I really like what you've done so far.  The interior is brilliantly done.  Still don't get excited by buses,  but I enjoy watching your progress. - Andy

• Thanks 1

• Dean Whiston changed the title to Renault TN6C2 - Autobus Parisien

"ou est l'autobus?" 

"Voici l'autobus!" 

It's all coming back to me now..... 

This is going to be great, let's face it, it's done it's time waiting. I remember doing the airfix B bus, complete with passenger figures, many years ago but that was in 1.32. This is good size, then!? 

Looking excellent so far, that green is just right 👍

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

more progress on the TN6C2 - the cab is nearly complete and the main colours are on the passenger compartment (minor issue meant I had to reopen the passenger compartment- this kit is fighting me all the way😳)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

Bit more progress 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Masking off (need to clean the windows 2 years of it being there has left some residue) and decals started 

will look to sort the platform gubbins out next before the roof is fixed permanently 

• Like 6

On 21/04/2021 at 07:03, Sabrejet said:

Are you planning to fill it with Parisiens? :)

Not for this one I couldn’t find any decent figures 😳

bit more progress - it’s almost there now hopefully I’ll be done this weekend 

spacer.pngspacer.png

it definitely not a competition winner more of a 3 footer but I’m reasonably happy with it

• Like 2