Gpm 1/33 B-17 Card kit *Finished *

Time to add mine to the list as I have already tried one before and sort of failed. 

I have got a laser cut frame set to make construction that little bit easier along with preformed canopies and resin wheels. 

On with what I to deal with and the last pic is my previous attempt with a 1/72 spitfire for comparison. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 11

I've known for a while that card modelling is far more 'mainstream' in continental Europe but this is taking it to a whole new level

There's no two ways about it, this is going to be mahousive; clear the work top

• Like 1

WOW!!

I've downloaded plans for some of these card models, they certainly look the part and are not as easy to build as they first look. This one will be huge!

Plus as you say they are quite popular in Europe, you can get plans for assorts of stuff.

Good luck with this build.

• Like 3

I have  never seen one of these complex card kits being constructed before and I'm gobsmacked with the level of detail and complexity in its construction. Far,far more to it than i would ever have imagined.

Cheers Alistair

• Like 1

That will be a big one when complete.

I too have tried my hand at card models, not a proper design such as this but rather some designs found on the internet and printed out at home. Whether it was poor choice in paper or card or just not having figured out the techniques, my results have been hit and miss but I am learning and each attempt is better than the last.

It is amazing the degree of complexity and overall fit and finish of many of these models. 

cheers, Graham 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

It looks great! And hard work... If I might make a small suggestion, it might be worth investing in a set of multicoloured felt tips to touch in the white cut edges of the card appropriately...

best,

M.

I had already been thinking about painting but as you suggested felt tips look to be the way to go so I will be popping out tomorrow for some 

1 minute ago, airfixpeter said:

I had already been thinking about painting but as you suggested felt tips look to be the way to go so I will be popping out tomorrow for some 

Popping out? Oooh get you boasting!! I'll be following you because both my nearest model shops offer click and collect, keep supporting your local economy!

back to the build, I love the wear printed onto the head-rests.

• Like 1

Wow, this thing is huge, I had no idea it was this big. Checked your picture of the "box", it's 95 cm long! The cat will be able to sleep inside it!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

where on earth are you going to store it? Actually before that how are you going to move it around when you come to get the wings on 🤷

When I make a big kit before I start I always make sure I have a place for it

And I will make sure that the wings will be the last thing to be fitted 

3 minutes ago, airfixpeter said:

When I make a big kit before I start I always make sure I have a place for it

And I will make sure that the wings will be the last thing to be fitted 

Oh, that's way too sensible for me 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/21/2021 at 11:20 AM, airfixpeter said:

Rather than felt tip's many card builders use grated coloured pencils or crayons applied with a cotton bud go cover edges.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul821 said:

Rather than felt tip's many card builders use grated coloured pencils or crayons applied with a cotton bud go cover edges.

I have somewhere some proper artist pencils that can be used with water I just got to find them