AEC Matador 6x6 aircraft bowser

Isn't it just the cutest thing! I have to keep reminding myself that it's only 1:144 scale. It's really opened my eyes to the possibilities of 3D printing, even if it is still voodoo magic to me!

• Like 1

Whilst searching for images and details of this postwar refueller, I kept finding that there were more details available about the wartime version.  The wartime version was a hose delivery type and, with the postwar variant, the fuel was dispensed via booms.  I began to realise that it wouldn't take all that effort to make a model of the postwar version as well and here is the result.

Postwar boom version left and wartime version right.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm not sure whether I will have time to paint these up before the deadline tonight, so I might just clean off the support stubs and put them in the display thread as printed.

Thanks for looking in and for your encouragement along the way.

Mike

• Like 4

True,  I've already got plans to do other variants, such as this West Midlands recovery vehicle. 

spacer.png

I keep trawling the search engines to see if there are any others in civilian use.

ike

• Like 3

That's it, I have finished these and given them a coat of paint.  There's a problem with the lighting in my mancave as these have come out much starker colours than in actual light of the daytime.

The blue is the correct blue grey in natural light and the brown is almost a dark brown but the colours are too light here.  Ah well, too late to change at this late hour.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers, it's been fun.

Mike

• Like 4