Another 1/72 Piper Pawnee

Hi

Further to @bigbadbadge 's lovely Pawnee here is one straight from the KP box. As Chris has said, the kit is missing a few things including additional bracing on the wing struts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pinback

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Hi Pinback

Thanks for the mention, this looks lovely   great work,  nice scheme too, I did wonder what schemes were in the Australian boxing. It is great to see another one too.   How did you get on with the assembly?

Thanks for sharing.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

How did you get on with the assembly?

Thanks Chris :) The wings were interesting! Each has two pins with two adjacent holes on the fuselage. How difficult is that? Must have had a senior moment as it took me an age to sort and to get the dihedral right.

Pinback

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pinback said:

Thanks Chris :) The wings were interesting! Each has two pins with two adjacent holes on the fuselage. How difficult is that? Must have had a senior moment as it took me an age to sort and to get the dihedral right.

Pinback

Ahh yes, I glued mine on and then had to quickly adjust to get the dihedral correct and then shorten the struts accordingly, was a bit of a so and so.

Chris

• Like 1

Excellent build!  :thumbsup:

I see a plane like this and I automatically think "crop  duster".  However I see this one is a glider tug and operates from an airfield not all that far from where I live!

That gets added points from me (for whatever that's worth).  😬

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Ahh yes, I glued mine on and then had to quickly adjust to get the dihedral correct and then shorten the struts accordingly, was a bit of a so and so.

... and I used yours to help see how the undercarriage went together. Many thanks :) The instructions baffled me a bit there.

6 hours ago, kapam said:

and operates from an airfield not all that far from where I live!

It must be just a quick sprint up the M1 for you kapam :) (I aim to get to the air museum sooner rather than later)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinback said:

and I used yours to help see how the undercarriage went together. Many thanks :) The instructions baffled me a bit there.

Glad it helped. Ahh yes they weren't the clearest on the undercarriage, in fact one of the bits on each side looked back to front to me initially. 

Chris

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 7:33 PM, Pinback said:

I aim to get to the air museum sooner rather than later

@Pinback, I assume you mean the one at Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast.  I've been there twice now and it is the best $20 (entry fee) I've spent in a long, long while.  You won't be disappointed!

• Like 1