Co-belligerant Italian Spitfire

Hello fellow modellers,

Here you are my Spitfile Vb trop, reproducing one of those given to Italian Co-belligerant air force in 1943-44.

The kit is the excellent Airfix Spitifre mkV b recently re-issued. I just used the parts for the tropical version that are still on sprues instead of the standard ones.

I've also used Tauro Model decal sheet that includes options to make Spifires, Macchi 205 and Airacobras all in italian colours.

To paint the model this time I used Lifecolors Acrylics instead of my usual Tamiya and I have to say that they are not bad at all.

Finishing has been done as usual with Tamiya spray followed by oil wash and pastel weathering.

Enjoy pictures and please feel free to comment.

Cheers.

Andy

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 40

This really turned out looking very nice.  My second cousin flew these in the Mediterranean for the US and then transitioned to P-51's.  This has me thinking some of those flown be the US may have need handed over to the Italians.  Anyway, I love the color scheme and weathering.  Thanks for posting.

Beautiful Spitfire, looking subtly different in that Italian scheme.

I love those drooping elevators and the cockpit hatch hanging slightly proud of the fuselage side!

The aerial wire almost certainly was not on the original, though. Mk Vb:s had VHF radios with the antenna integral to the traditional aerial mast. Often the triangular prong and the attachment point on the rudder were just left in situ, unused.

Great modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim