1/100 parts box build......

I have had the STAP parts kicking about for ages with the idea of making some kind of space vehicle out of it. This morning I have made a start, using wings from a 1/144 lighting a spong ball and what ever else I can find to fit. 

So a few pictures as it is, the ball was going to be a cockpit but after adding some filler to smooth it, it ended up looking very comet like. So with a scale change from 1/72 to 1/100 I now have a comet power supply. So that's the basic shape for now, time to think about greeblies. 

IMG-20210313-160545.jpg
IMG-20210313-161007.jpg
IMG-20210313-161342.jpg
IMG-20210313-161445.jpg

• Like 6

More pannels added etc and built up the back of the ship were the comet power unit will be. The light purple parts I will be fitting with some power cables that will attach from the comet to the space craft. Also primed the comet ready to paint as I'm hoping to paint them both separately and stick them together later. Lots to let dry now before doing more. 

IMG-20210315-154349.jpg
IMG-20210315-154354.jpg
IMG-20210315-154410.jpg
dav.jpg

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

The 'comet' power unit is new to me. Does it relate to a comic series/anime

Cheers, the comet power idea is from my own head..... 🤪

5 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Delightfully nutty

Thanks. 

It's looks like this tonight, I need to find my guitar strings for some power cables. Will also need to make a few changes to the engines, thinking of having an access pannel open, so you can see inside. 

IMG-20210315-194516.jpg

• Like 4

Late to the party, but boy do I love these scratch builds from the depths of your noggin RPC.  Its looking ace so far and the "comet propulsion system" is genius.  Between you, Pete in Lincs, and others whose names escape me I was inspired to keep a very rapidly growing junk box of not just model left overs but all kinds of gubbins that looked like it might be useful for scratch building.  I have a basic plan, using the wings from my first Gundam model (the Deathscythe) as the base for some sort of alien fighter craft.  If it turns out half as good the stuff that you, Pete, and others knock out on here I'll be chuffed.  Can't wait to see this one finished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@HoolioPaulio cheers mate.you defo need to give a go and Gundam parts make a great starting point.

The comet is just about finish now with it's bronze and blue elements. I have pre shaded and given the first 2 lights coats of a blue/grey colour on this ship. I will be building up on that colour adding a few different shades and the odd contrasting colours well. I have been looking at Andy Moores B wing again for inspiration, probably my favourite all time build on here, not going to be anywhere near as good but it definitely something to aspire to.

IMG-20210319-102713.jpg
IMG-20210319-102855.jpg

• Like 6

It is looking good isn't it. 

Now,then, here's a new greebie I found yesterday. Scour your house for coat hangers.

There is often a size tag on the metal hanger bit. Either square or round. They are designed to sip on, not off.

Slide it to the end where there is a small ball. It will have slots, use a small blade to lever it off. Voila!

Yes, they are odd colours with numbers on, but primer will take care of that. Or leave it as is.

DO, ask permission to search your Memsahibs wardrobe first!

• Thanks 1

not a greablie but free filters for your airbrush spray booth, order some food from "hello fresh" I did this for the first time and it arrived yesterday. Inside the box of grub is your free filter.....😉

IMG-20210320-135632.jpg.

definitely good enough for acrylic painting.

Cheers for the comments as well everyone, no model making this weekend, writing a presentation and preparing for a interview  on Wednesday. 

Cheers Brian. 

• Like 3