Unicraft Daimler Benz "Jäger" **Finished**

JOCKNEY

IMG_5736

IMG_5735

So as you can see, I've made a start on the painting, but still some lumps and bumps to sort out

Likely to be RLM 74 / 75 / 76.

The decals will come from the spares box, an eclectic mix but as it's Luft 46 you can use your imagination 

Cheers Pat

• Like 6

What if the Luftwaffe had captured Laura  Ashley and forced her to do camouflage design for them .....Just an idea for  your back story, Cherry print would be cool for this aircraft AKA country house mottling.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

What if the Luftwaffe had captured Laura  Ashley and forced her to do camouflage design for them .....Just an idea for  your back story, Cherry print would be cool for this aircraft AKA country house mottling.

If I could do a floral design freehand, I would do it, just because it's such a good idea !

I wonder if you can get floral decals from the Big H in RLM colours :idea:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

If I could do a floral design freehand, I would do it, just because it's such a good idea !

I wonder if you can get floral decals from the Big H in RLM colours :idea:

Cheers Pat

probably in 4 scales .

Luft 46 fun realy reaches its climax with the painting . Iv done a Dornier do335 in  Free Cornwall colours of the Mebyon Kernow Airforce . My bet is is never been done before or will be done again .

• Haha 1

gee she looks great Pat, well done!! :thumbsup:

With the paint scheme I've seen a build where they have used lace as a mask on the wings and upper fuselage, they sprayed over a darker colour (you could go either way with the base colour you have). It looked amazing once the lace masks were off.  Even dollies could work, just make sure they are unwanted lace of dollies for your own safety!!!  :chair:

• Haha 1

We all salute your bravery Pat! Every time I come on this thread I hold my breath in case the u'c has collapsed under the combined weight of resin and filler; probably too late now, but an in flight version would have spared you the undercarriage and propellor stress. Yep, now I mention it🤔

• Thanks 1

Hi Pat,

so this is where you are hiding?

I was wondering what had happened to you. I should have known where to look: somewhere where ridiculously esoteric models are the norm and where the consumption of strong beverages is encouraged in order to steady the nerves... Purely for medicinal purposes, of course.

I must say that you have me full of admiration. Having seen what the "bits" looked like when you opened the box, I knew for sure that I would never see anything looking remotely like an aeroplane coming out of it! Well I was wrong and all I can do is doff my couvre chef and shout the congratulations you deserve.

If you ever want me to stop sending you Christmas cards, all you have to do is send me such a kit.

Keep having fun and do not abuse the local single malt!

Cheers.

JR

• Haha 2

Hi Pat,

an impressive result. The cabriolet version reminds me of a Nord 1300, a glider derived from the Grunau Baby. We used to fly it without the removable little coaming that came on top of the cockpit. So you were practically in open air from the nipples up! It was not too much of a problem, because the damn thing was flying backward when facing a fair wind.

Your contraption must have played hell with permed hair!

Why Blue tack for vacform canopy? Me not too clever.

Great show

JR

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Pat,

Why Blue tack for vacform canopy? Me not too clever.

Great show

JR

Hi JR

Thanks very much.

If you put blue tack inside the canopy, you can score along the line to separate the bit you are keeping from the rest and not crush or distort the plastic.

Someone on here gave me the tip a long time ago, my apologies that I can't credit the person, but it's a great tip I have used ever since.

Cheers Pat

• Like 4

Hi Pat,

well, the blue tack tip will come in handy!

I have an Hasegawa P-47D Razorback stalled because I have already damaged 2 vacform canopies trying to separate them from the backing sheet... Only 2 left!

So next step: find blue tack in this God forsaken country! Possibly easier to find another Hasegawa P-47D!

Thanks mate.

JR

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

If you put blue tack inside the canopy, you can score along the line to separate the bit you are keeping from the rest and not crush or distort the plastic.

Someone on here gave me the tip a long time ago, my apologies that I can't credit the person, but it's a great tip I have used ever since.

Cheers Pat

This is genius! It could be just what is needed on 'my Ferrari'😃. It comes with one very fragile windscreen and I'm not best friends with vac-form transparencies as it is. I almost can't wait to test this out.

• Like 2

By the way I should have added any blutack residue  / marks are simply removed by rolling a bit of blutack into a point and dabbing onto the bit of plastic all the marks and blutack stick to the point leaving a nice clean finish.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yeah using blutac to remove blutac is the only way to go....... strangely enough.

She looks good Pat..... even if a little scary.... no bailing out with this beast!

• Thanks 1

I'm calling this one done, it's still standing on its resin undercarriage and all the props are still attached !

I hope you like it

Cheers Pat

IMG_5764

IMG_5765

IMG_5766

IMG_5767

IMG_5768

IMG_5769

The satsumas were not provided with the kit !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 6

• JOCKNEY changed the title to Unicraft Daimler Benz "Jäger" **Finished**