Ryefield Model's 1/35 Panzer III Ausf J

madcat911

Hi all, here's my go at the RFM 1/35 Panzer III Ausf J. It will be an OOB build.

I'll be building the kit which does not come with the interior to simplify things. So far I have gotten the suspension sorted and assembled the wheels.

51031716246_5c972c0d22_b.jpg

51031817167_9cc21a8cc4_b.jpg

51031716056_47cf313a63_b.jpg

Mark

• Like 8

Hi Mark and welcome to the GB with what looks to be a rather impressive kit!! Very nice! Great to see you are underway as well. I'm looking forward to following your project. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Wow! You are making excellent progress on this very nicely detailed kit. The vision blocks for the cupola are little works of art. Are you going to leave the hatches on the cupola open? Seems a shame to lose all that detail.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks for the compliments everyone. The kit has been great to build so far. I don't plan to glue the hatch shut so that cupola detail can still be seen after completion.

I finally completed the tracks and gave the parts a coat of Mr Mahogany Surfacer. Should be a nice base to spray dark yellow on.

51031816802_84aedb311e_b.jpg

• Like 3

Nice colour you’ve got going on there. What did you think of the kit overall? I’ve just seen a review of this kit with the interior and have to say I’m tempted despite not normally being a fan of interior kits. Be interested to know what someone who’s built the basic kit thinks of it.

Thanks guys!

17 hours ago, bigfoot said:

Nice colour you’ve got going on there. What did you think of the kit overall? I’ve just seen a review of this kit with the interior and have to say I’m tempted despite not normally being a fan of interior kits. Be interested to know what someone who’s built the basic kit thinks of it.

The kit built up beautifully with no issues whatsoever. Decals could be better researched though. But I guess there’s always aftermarket sets. 

Mark

• Thanks 1

WOW!! That really is looking awesome! Really sharp detailing! This is going to be a real stunner!! Very well done! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix