This is the 1990 re-box of the original tooling released by MPC in 1983. No extra's added to the kit, it's just been done as a fun build and to get a bit more airbrush practice in (my third kit by airbrushing). The front inner cockpit surround was scratch-built from scraps as it was missing from the kit; it's not an exact replica of the missing part, but for what little you can see of it, it'll do the trick for the purpose of my shelf anyway!

Painted with Tamiya acrylics, with X-35 satin gloss clear coat. Panel weathering/shadows using Citadel Miniatures 'Nuln Oil'. Display stand done using Halfords satin black car paint.

As always, comments and suggestions welcome! 😎👍

Cheers!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, Ventsislav Gramatski said:

Excellent work! What is the Tamiya color used for the main fuselage color, looks very close to the movie shots?

I have the same kit lying in storage for well over 15 years now due to some parts missing... 

Thank you very much! Glad you like the look of the final build 😎

I'm sure I've still got the mix I used written down in the work shed - I'll get back to you on that!

1 hour ago, Thom216 said:

Nice job! The fact that you had to scratch some parts make it even better, actually, especially as it looks so good.

Very kind of you to say Thom, thank you! 😎👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ventsislav Gramatski said:

What is the Tamiya color used for the main fuselage color, looks very close to the movie....

The mix I've got written down is:

70% Tamiya XF-53

30% Tamiya X-2

plus a couple of drops of Tamiya XF-18 to add the slightest hint of blue.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1