*Abandoned* Anything Goes GB

vppelt68

Eligibility. Restrictive. Off topic.

Four words you won't see in this group build proposal. Build what ever you wish the most as long as it's under the 25% started rule. Reveal your hidden desires and build what You want, not what the one 🙄 who came up with a GB proposal of her/his liking wants.

Injection molded plastic or resin; accurately true to prototype or a whif; prop driven civil aircraft or fifth generation strike aircraft; a tank in Kursk or a signal box from the railways; a classic kit from the sixties or a brand new one from the 2020's; the kit you built as a kid or the kit you did not build as a kid; a tea clipper or a TIE fighter; Shawn the Sheep or a F1 race car...

Anyway, you get the point, that there is no common point. Just share yours with the others in this one. Too silly to interest anyone?

V-P

EDIT 17.3.: Better start a list for the Cole Porter GB proposal #2 (in his words "I know that I'm bound to answer when you propose 'Anything Goes'")

1. vppelt68 (host)
  2. Romeo Alpha Yankee
  3. Arniec
  4. JeroenS
  5. AdrianMF
  6. desert falcon
  7. zebra
  8. dnl42
  9. Ray S
  10. MarkSH
  11. Adam Poultney
  12. Thom216
  13. Rob S
  14. HoolioPaulio
  15. JOCKNEY
  16. John Masters
  17. Bertie Psmith
  18. ...
  • Like 2

Count me in! The GB for the things I’ll want to build in the GBs that don’t make it through the poll.

Can’t read the name without thinking of Kate Capshaw singing it in Mandarin though

• Like 1

Ah, go on then, I am sure I have something in the stash which could be classified as 'Anything'...

It will not be 'run-of-the-mill' though!

Ray

• Like 1

Sure, I'll join.

While there may not be a unifying theme except the lack thereof, perhaps it would be fun to have a number of friendly competitions in this one. Most creative build, best paintwork, etc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

Sure, I'll join.

While there may not be a unifying theme except the lack thereof, perhaps it would be fun to have a number of friendly competitions in this one. Most creative build, best paintwork, etc

Great ideas, let's get back to that if this one day comes live 👍

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 4:49 PM, vppelt68 said:

Shawn the Sheep or a F1 race car...

Either or both of those will do the trick. 

Beam me up Scotty ... I mean sign me up v68!  (Watching a repeat of Star Trek into Darkness in the background). 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Sign me up.  This might finally be a GB for this beast I've been saving for over two years (I luuuurve building Gundam but want to do this one justice)

rAztJHM.jpg

Or this, which I intend to build how I'd love to modify one in real life if I had the money, so I got the PE detail kit, spoiler pack, and upgraded wheels with it

kzA5Pz7.jpg

Or one of these, all still not built yet

CowhG1f.jpg

As you can see my preferred modelling interests rarely fall into GB categories :)

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 1:52 AM, HoolioPaulio said:

Sign me up.  This might finally be a GB for this beast I've been saving for over two years (I luuuurve building Gundam but want to do this one justice)

rAztJHM.jpg

Or this, which I intend to build how I'd love to modify one in real life if I had the money, so I got the PE detail kit, spoiler pack, and upgraded wheels with it

kzA5Pz7.jpg

Or one of these, all still not built yet

CowhG1f.jpg

As you can see my preferred modelling interests rarely fall into GB categories :)

Both of those fit into the Turning Japanese GB

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've thought about this proposal a lot since I first saw it and I still have no idea how a group build with 'no common point' can even exist. Isn't it like a football team without a ball, kit ... or any players? No, I must be getting daft in my old age because I just can't understand it. "You kids today, you all so darned crazy!" 👴

Please don't think I'm saying that you shouldn't do it just because I don't understand. In fact, I can't resist suggesting a different name to "Anything Goes", which always makes me think of the Roaring Twenties*. How about "The Oxymoron GB, the club for folks who don't want to be in clubs." :rofl:

p.s. Put my name down, I'll make a sandwich and a cuppa.

*  I don't actually remember the Roaring Twenties, you understand.**

** I've forgotten everything before the war.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your interest, this one did not make it to the Bunfight and I will not continue running this further. Let's say "bye" to this and move towards new and better ideas. We can all virtually "lock" this topic now 🙂.

V-P

• Sad 1

• vppelt68 changed the title to *Abandoned* Anything Goes GB