General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper undercarriage sets in 1/72 and 1/48

Ali62

Very nice!

On 3/12/2021 at 10:51 PM, Ali62 said:

New brass undercarriage sets for the Kinetic Reaper MQ-9 

Are you aware that some Reapers (Block 5 upwards?) Have a beefed up landing gear with a trailing arm and shock absorbers?!

https://www.uasvision.com/2012/01/10/general-atomics-introduces-new-trailing-arm-design-on-predator-bmq-9-reaper-landing-gear/

Would be great to get those as well...

Hi 

yes I am, but thought would try these first, also tricky to find really good details to make them. Another point is that these are and have not sold very much as yet, I do not think I have sold 1 set of 1/72 as of yet so I ask the question is it worth it???? 
it was worth a punt to see how these go, but confidence is not in abundance.

I'm sorry to read this as I was one who pestered for them. TBH I'm surprised as my Ikhana 1/48 was sitting lower and lower as the rear legs splayed out. With the Caracal Decals, lots of schemes, and a simple build I'd have thought they'd be a popular subject.

I will be doing my best shortly... 

On 17/03/2021 at 10:23, Ali62 said:

Hi 

yes I am, but thought would try these first, also tricky to find really good details to make them. Another point is that these are and have not sold very much as yet, I do not think I have sold 1 set of 1/72 as of yet so I ask the question is it worth it???? 
it was worth a punt to see how these go, but confidence is not in abundance.

I’ll be in touch shortly via the website as I’m getting the 1/72 reaper, and also for the sea otter parts.

4 hours ago, SleeperService said:

I'm sorry to read this as I was one who pestered for them. TBH I'm surprised as my Ikhana 1/48 was sitting lower and lower as the rear legs splayed out. With the Caracal Decals, lots of schemes, and a simple build I'd have thought they'd be a popular subject.

I will be doing my best shortly... 

Hey it is not your fault, it was and is always worth a punt, you never know it could turn around. However even with a huge flow of website traffic from them being posted up on Hyperscale today, no biters, strange but true. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've got to congratulate @Ali62 and the posties in Scotland and England, because I ordered a set of 1/72 brass undercarriage  for the reaper last thursday, and they've arrived within the last half hour !!I

that's got to be one of the fastest deliveries I've had for over a year, so well done everyone!

Of course, I had emailed Ali 62 about an hour before they were delivered, asking if he could give me a rough idea of delivery timescale 😕, so you can ignore that message!

Edited by Whofan

16 hours ago, Shalako said:

I guess the ones in 1/72 are meant for the Italeri/platz kits (same mould)?

My ones came from a Kinetic box, but if it is the same moulds then, they will fit.

6 hours ago, Ali62 said:

My ones came from a Kinetic box, but if it is the same moulds then, they will fit.

It is possible an aftermarket set, in this case, undercarriage legs to be able to fit in any relatively modern-injected kit.