Microdesign Photo Etch.

Plastimic

Well I seem to be slowly creating an itinerary for my model building. I made my order to Wheels and Wings Hobby in Toronto Ontario. Very impressed with thier customer service. So along with my EZ line I ordered the ICM Po 2  and the Su 2, both 1/72. I went on scalemates to see what goodies in the aftermarket world were available and it was quite impressive. One company stood out though. MICRODESIGN from Russia. They have an interior and exterior PE set for the Su 2 and a very nice interior set for the Po 2. Unfortunately I am at a standstill because my literary skills are 0. They have a website but I can't navigate it. Would anyone care to enlighten me? As in where I can aquire thier product or how I acquire it through them? Any insight would be appreciated.

Might it be worth trying eBay? https://www.ebay.com/str/miracleworldofhobby/Microdesign-Russia/_i.html?_storecat=33039867018.

No affliation/reccomendation or experience with the seller , just something I stumbled on while looking for something else entirely and bookmarked just in case...

43 minutes ago, Aidrian said:

Might it be worth trying eBay? https://www.ebay.com/str/miracleworldofhobby/Microdesign-Russia/_i.html?_storecat=33039867018.

No affliation/reccomendation or experience with the seller , just something I stumbled on while looking for something else entirely and bookmarked just in case...

I did buy a few sets from Microdesign from a Russian shop on Ebay, I can't remember if it was from this seller or some other though. When I did I had no problem whatsoever and everything arrived quickly and without any issue.

On the sets themselves, the ones I bought are fine, although in one (the set for the 1/72 Zvezda 109F) the seatbelts were much too wide. That was weird as I have a set of generic Luftwaffe fighters seatbelts from the same Microdesign and these are of the right size...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

I did buy a few sets from Microdesign from a Russian shop on Ebay, I can't remember if it was from this seller or some other though. When I did I had no problem whatsoever and everything arrived quickly and without any issue.

Could it have been this one?

https://www.ebay.com/str/ModellersLittleHelperInt-Store

I've had the same good experience you describe with this vendor for Microdesign, although I don't see the Su-2 or Po-2 p/e currently available from him. He's also the maker of Bring It! canopies and resin, BTW.

John

• Like 1

20 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Could it have been this one?

https://www.ebay.com/str/ModellersLittleHelperInt-Store

I've had the same good experience you describe with this vendor for Microdesign, although I don't see the Su-2 or Po-2 p/e currently available from him. He's also the maker of Bring It! canopies and resin, BTW.

John

Hey John, that's good to know. The Po 2 set came out in 2020 and is SET NUMBER 072256 and is not much different than eduard but it seems to cover a few more things. The Sukhoi Su-2 interior and exterior sets came out in 2020 also. INTERIOR SET 072265 and EXTERIOR SET 07266. As I said I found this info out on scalemates.com and I like it because I can download the instructions and see what the PE sets add to the kits.

23 hours ago, Plastimic said:

Unfortunately I am at a standstill because my literary skills are 0. They have a website but I can't navigate it.

The translation add-on that I use with Firefox seems to do a pretty good job of translating this site. It simply uses Google Translate and gives me a button in the toolbar to make it easier to translate a page. (You can also set it to always translate pages with specified languages so the translation happens automatically.) The translation is certainly good enough to find your way around and place an order. If you can't find an eBay or LHS seller, this might work for you.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

On 13/03/2021 at 13:43, Navy Bird said:

The translation add-on that I use with Firefox seems to do a pretty good job of translating this site. It simply uses Google Translate and gives me a button in the toolbar to make it easier to translate a page. (You can also set it to always translate pages with specified languages so the translation happens automatically.) The translation is certainly good enough to find your way around and place an order. If you can't find an eBay or LHS seller, this might work for you.

Cheers,

Bill

Hey Bill!

It worked like a charm. Now my only question. Has anyone ordered anything from Russia? I live in Canada. As ignorant as this may sound. I feel like ordering model stuff directly from Russia is a risky endeavor.

34 minutes ago, Plastimic said:

Hey Bill!

It worked like a charm. Now my only question. Has anyone ordered anything from Russia? I live in Canada. As ignorant as this may sound. I feel like ordering model stuff directly from Russia is a risky endeavor.

I've placed several orders with Russian vendors over the past 10 years or so, with zero problems. I live in Canada too. Obviously anything can happen, regardless of where a vendor may be located, but personally, I've never given it a thought, even back before PayPal was available in Russia and you had to make payment by wire transfer or some other awkward process.

Some history of what it was like before PayPal, here:

https://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/board/index.php?topic=1157.0

John

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

I was looking for Micro Design etched sets on eBay, plenty to be had, but Russia sellers cannot ship to the UK, I assume because sanctions mean PayPal does not transfer the money.

Does anyone know of any stockists of these sets in Western Europe please?

Thanks

jch