Chiltern Model Show - 12th September 2021

Elwick

That’s all for this years show.  

Thanks to all of the attendees, clubs and traders who came along.  Hope you all enjoyed the day and hope to meet again in 2022 🙂

On behalf of the all at Chiltern Scale Model Club.

H82Zhbu.jpg

tSeTe64.jpg

gZN7AoR.jpg

List of attending clubs and traders below.

We are at our usual venue just off the A1 in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, with onsite refreshments and plenty of free parking.

CLUBS:

BEDFORD SCALE MODEL CLUB

BRAMPTON MODEL CLUB

BARNET MODEL CLUB

GREAT WAR SIG.

SOUTH ATLANTIC SIG.

IPMS WEST SUFFOLK

SIG. 144

SUFFOLK MAFVA

MILDENHALL IPMS

FENLAND & SPALDING MODEL CLUB

AIRFIX MODELLING SIG.

IPMS HARROW

SPRUE’S R US

STEVENAGE MODEL BOAT CLUB

COLD WAR SIG.

CAMBRIDGE MAFVA

IPMS WISBECH

LETCHWORTH SCALE MODEL CLUB

IPMS KENT

TRADERS:

RED ZEBRA MODELS

AEROMODELLER BOOKS

KLASSIC KITS

WILDCATS MODELS

KIT KRAZY

CHRIS MORRIS BOOKS

TOPNOTCH MASKS

VFR MODELS

YANKS

BASIC BASES

FALCON AVIATION

For any further details please contact our show organiser at barrywood123@hotmail.co.uk.

Organised by IPMS Chiltern Scale Model Club.

spacer.png

Edited by Elwick
Updated list of clubs and traders
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Elwick changed the title to Chiltern Model Show 12th September 2021 is ON🙂
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Elwick changed the title to Chiltern Model Show - THIS SUNDAY 12th September 2021🙂
  • Elwick changed the title to Chiltern Model Show - TODAY - 12th September 2021🙂
  • Elwick changed the title to Chiltern Model Show - 12th September 2021

That’s all for this year folks.  Hope those who attended had a good day.  Hope to see you next year! 🙂

On behalf of all at Chiltern Scale Model Club

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Elwick said:

That’s all for this year folks.  Hope those who attended had a good day.  Hope to see you next year! 🙂

On behalf of all at Chiltern Scale Model Club

If it's not too cheeky to ask how was the attendance figures compared to previous years?

I fully understand if you don't want to answer that but it would be helpful to get a feel for how things are going on the show circuit. Many predicted there would be a big bounce back of attendees once shows opened up again while others have predicted the opposite but we just don't know in truth.

Duncan B

I enjoyed the show. Seemed fairly busy at times (busier than I expected) it was nice to get out and chat to other enthusiast.

Winning best in show for my hellcat was a nice way to end the day.

Thanks guys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks very much for a good little show, as always.  Nice to be back, and nice that so many exhibitors and visitors felt the same.  And we're already booked in for next year!

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2021 at 8:50 AM, Duncan B said:

If it's not too cheeky to ask how was the attendance figures compared to previous years?

I fully understand if you don't want to answer that but it would be helpful to get a feel for how things are going on the show circuit. Many predicted there would be a big bounce back of attendees once shows opened up again while others have predicted the opposite but we just don't know in truth.

Duncan B

I was not there myself on the day as had to move my daughter  up to Uni on the Sunday.  My understanding is the numbers were a little bit down on 2019 but not by much.  My impression is there are still a number of individuals a bit wary of indoor events?  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Elwick said:

I was not there myself on the day as had to move my daughter  up to Uni on the Sunday.  My understanding is the numbers were a little bit down on 2019 but not by much.  My impression is there are still a number of individuals a bit wary of indoor events?  

Ah the Uni move, I remember that well.

Thanks for your reply, it will be interesting to see how things progress going forward. Personally I not surprised numbers were a little down as that's what I was expecting. Hopefully things will bounce back next year once we have seen how the vaccination program has affected the winter illness season.

I haven't chatted to any Traders who have attended shows this year to ask how things are going from their perspective, I know many who still aren't attending Shows though. Looking ahead, I am wondering what sensible precautions Traders should be taking while attending shows with regards to close contact and handling of goods, money etc. 

Duncan B

• Like 1