I'm so excited

kpnuts

35 minutes ago, MR2Don said:

I bought one from Japan in 2019 (earlier release without PE) for £142 and got hit for import duty of £38 by HMRC, so watch for that!

Does you know, is that because your £142 was above the £135 limit?   Or is that limit (link below) only theoretical - I'd get changed no matter how low the value?  I've ben thinking putting in an order at 1999.co.jp for about £80. Wondering if I'm going to get charged extra once it'd arrive here.

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

39 minutes ago, galaxyg said:

Does you know, is that because your £142 was above the £135 limit?

I bought it in 2019, so no £135 limit. It was just UK import duty from Japan. Things might be different now, but the EBay price for it is well above that figure.

From a completely different purchase, I could presume that Customs and Excise have been made so busy by Brexit that some items are just being waved through. My purchase should have attracted excise duty on alcohol but didn't (but may well do next time!!)

The 910 is a nice change from 911 derived models.

I brought mine as a part started glue bomb many years ago, back when the kit hadn't been re-issued for years. It was minus the windscreen and so I decided to convert it into the 1968 910 Bergspyder. That was just the start of my problems as references for this car were very hard to come by. Luckily, Porsche have recently restored the earlier 67 version and that combined with the 909 (the 68 car was a hybrid of both) has given me some info to justify bringing the kit down from the shelf of doom! It has to wait its turn though.

Good luck with making yours.

Nice purchase. My recent plazajapan order is being held hostage by parcelforce until I pay Import charges. 

whole order was £195 so when I receive their ransom fee letter I will let you know my damage. 

great find though and I look forward to seeing it being built