Airfix “New Tool” Bristol Beaufort A04021 (1st WIP) ** FINISHED **

Beautiful model, Dave! Colors and weathering are spot-on, in my view. I have saved your and @tonyot's WIP as a how-to to correct an d enhance the already great kit that Airfix have produced. Thanks to you and ToT for sharing your builds. Just got the HPM Mk V/VI conversion set- wow! Now I guess I must snag another Beau kit, as although my favorite variant has been the R-1830 powered version, I really like how your earlier version looks!

Good on yer, mate! :like:

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beautifully executed!  I really love the subtle metal chipping along the panel lines in some places, and the overall effect is superb.  I'm glad to hear the model is actually quite durable, especially the landing gear, because I tend to drop my models several times during construction and painting as a form of "christening."  Thanks for letting us follow along.

• Thanks 1

Stunning Dave,.... simply stunning and it looks superb in its original scheme! I`m doing an early one too and torn between this scheme or the later one with Sky undersides,..... it does look very smart like this!

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

@tonyot and @Rabbit Leader

Dave and Tony,

Was looking for Finnish Blenheim photos, and this popped up! Dunno if either of you used it during your build, but it does show the under nose gun installation as well as the torpedo and trolley. Thought it might be useful for others building a Beaufort.  Looks like you nailed the torpecker and trolley on your model, Dave! Cheers, mates!

Mike

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/487233253444221621/visual-search/?x=16&y=12&w=530&h=391&cropSource=6

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

@tonyot and @Rabbit Leader

Dave and Tony,

Was looking for Finnish Blenheim photos, and this popped up! Dunno if either of you used it during your build, but it does show the under nose gun installation as well as the torpedo and trolley. Thought it might be useful for others building a Beaufort.  Looks like you nailed the torpecker and trolley on your model, Dave! Cheers, mates!

Mike

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/487233253444221621/visual-search/?x=16&y=12&w=530&h=391&cropSource=6

Nice pic that Mike. Lots of detail in it. 

• 9 months later...
On 4/3/2021 at 7:41 PM, tonyot said:

Brilliant news,.... Chris seems to be a nice bloke too,..... I`ve had a few dealings with him and he was a proper gent. 

Well I suppose I'm a little late now, but I agree fully! Late last summer I purchased a MK.V Beaufighter direct from Singapore, and he messaged me with an offer - if I waited an extra few weeks, he'd go back and make new resin seats, gun barrels, and a few other details for the same charge! This was when Singapore was still on full lockdown and he didn't always have access to his office, so I was even happier when the new parts were all quite nice. The only shame is that CMK has released a conversion for a MK II Beau based on the Airfix kit just as I've gotten ready to close the fuselage of the HPM!

• Like 1