Fujimi Countach

Hi all, thought I'd share my first attempt at a car which I was given for my 14th birthday,I'm 46 now so I thought I'd try to finish it! This is my second build and to be honest it's been hard work so far,the rear was quite twisted so I had to cut it out and rebuild it with some strips,getting the suspension to line up took some time as the Lh side was shorter than the rh.none of it fits too well and I wondered if it was worth it but I can't give up now!anyway here's how far I've got ,thanks for looking now I have to make the doors fit

Fujimi Countach 5000qv

Fujimi Countach 5000qv

Fujimi Countach 5000qv

Fujimi Countach 5000qv

Fujimi Countach 5000qv

Fujimi Countach 5000qv

Fujimi Countach 5000qv

• Like 9

I can see this is one of those Fujimi kits when they went wild on detail, the "Enthusiast Kit" series. That explains the full engine, battery and so on. It's looking great so far, very clean.

Im just getting back into modelling after many years,Out of interest which car kits have decent engine detail?most of the ones I look at don't seem to have any at all except maybe some F1 cars and a few others ?

If you're still fairly new and want a good (but not excessive) engine detail in the kit, I found Tamiya's Skyline 2000GT-R (the 1970 one) to be pretty good.

48732827658_31000679de_b.jpg

While not the cheapest kit around, you can still get hold of them fairly easily for about £35-40. For less money, their Honda S600 is a nice kit too with a decent (and small!) engine.

• Like 2

Well I think the doors fit now but they come in three parts which makes lining them up awkward 🤯so I tried getting some colour on the smaller panels which is my first attempt at a gloss finish, I used vallejo air red,left that to dry and a couple of coats of alclad aqua gloss.....which has dried sort of satin at best,flatted that and a couple more coats and still dried satin but a bit shinier,anyone had the same?

Even if you hadn't read the title or anything in the post, by the 4th image you can tell its a Countache.  Lamborghini are my ultimate dream cars, don't car for Ferrari.  This is one of my favourites and a kit I'd like to get hold of at some point.  You've made excellent work of it so far, you are doing this legend of a car justice.  Watching with keen interest :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,I finally managed to get some colour on the exterior panels after much trial and error,I  used a grey primer first and airbrushed some vallejo air red on but found it made the red really dull,so I tried some tamiya Italian red over the same primer with the same result 🤦🏻‍♂️I decided to try mr hobby white 1000 primer next with the tamiya colour and it's much brighter,only thing is I've run out now and it needs another coat really! I'll give it a light flat and another coat and then some mr hobby gloss varnish and hopefully that will be ok then move onto the black details around the air scoops and vents, thanks for looking 

20210328_120547

20210329_192749

20210329_192957

20210329_193010

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Hi all,some slow progress made,I couldn't get a glossy finish to keep its shine so I ended up taking the bodywork to work and spraying it in 2k (I am a car sprayer buy trade) which seems to have done the trick.got the satin black done as well which is quite tricky as the engine cover,bonnet and all of the inside of the shell and some of the shuts are all black,some glass in too and some clear red and orange on the lights hopefully nearer the end now thanks for looking 

Countach

20210504_221710

20210504_222130

• Like 8