A & A Messerschmitt 'Toni'

This is my initial build of 2021 and also my first build of an A & A kit, these appear to be short run kits by Modelsvit ( although I stand to be corrected!!!). I believe this is the first kit of a Messerschmitt Me109T (not an adaption of an E version) the kit actually represents the later T-2 version with the two fuselage covers which show the machine was fitted with GM-1. Not all the schemes supplied with the kit are correct for this particular variant, the two oval fuselage panels would need to be filled and a single round panel re-scribed to back date the kit to the T-1 version. I stuck with a T-2 version, as with all short run kits some extra work is required in cleaning up the parts but other than that the kit goes together well. the only exception I found was using the closed canopy, the fit leaving something to be desired.

The model was built O.O.B. I chose to represent a T-2 from  Jasta Heligoland 1942/43. Kit was finished in the usual RLM74/75/76 scheme using AK Real Colours, decals were used from the kit and went on really well, except the green/white 3 from my spares:-spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A comparison of an E and T's wingspans, the E-7 is an Eduard kit.

spacer.png

Cheers

Andy

• Like 18

Wow...  Really neat T...  I think you just sold me on getting one of these kits!  I love how you compared it to an E.  

Really splendid cammo job and really great model work!