Posting pictures again

Hi all sorry to run over the same old ground🤦🏻‍♂️I'm trying to post some pictures in work in progress but when I copy the link it just posts the text not the picture (using flickr)I've posted pictures of my last build and I'm sure I'm doing it the same but the image is not appearing this time,any ideas?thanks 

You need to first click the ' insert image from URL' button (bottom right of the editing window) which will show a box where you can insert the link. You can't just drop the link into your text.

Cheers

Colin

39 minutes ago, ckw said:

You can't just drop the link into your text.

That's not always true, just with some photo hosts.  If your URL includes the actual filename such as "onlysixnust.jpg", then you should be able to just pop that URL right in there.  That was one of the new features introduced in version 4 of the software :) It has saved me a ton of clicks since it came in, so I'm all for it.  It does seem to introduce a few issues with some hosts that don't support straight forward URLs, but on balance it's a good system. :yes:

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

That's not always true, just with some photo hosts.  If your URL includes the actual filename such as "onlysixnust.jpg"

I found that feature hit and miss with my host, so I wasn't sure if it was actually supposed to work. The insert image button always seems to work, so I just go for that now. But then again I don't post many images

Cheers

Colin

Thanks for the replies I'm using the copy url icon,like before, but it copies the text, when I used it before the image would appear and I posted all my pictures,sorry I know this gets asked a lot..

Hi rich, it happens to me as well, l get just a line of text where the photo should be but when l select Preview button at the bottom of the text box next to Submit reply the photos appear!

You have to use the BBCode option when you copy the URL code.

You can then post it directly into your posting, without using the Insert Image thing.

Chris

Thanks again for the help guys,after much head scratching I worked out I have to copy the link and paste it without using the "insert image from URL" as that wont work on my phone or the link symbol in the icons above as that wont work either?must be an android thing 

I've never used my phone to get to any forums. I have used my IPad some and I can post photos with that. Usually, especially now that I'm retired, I use my PC whilst sitting on my backside, sitting in a nice, comfy chair.

Chris

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm new to this forum and just finding my way around. I'm having trouble posting pictures in the review aircraft section. I'm using Flickr and have been following the instructions ie share the photo to get the URL then copy and paste into BM in the box which pops up once you click insert images with URL etc. Each time the box just goes pink...I have read through the threads but can't seem to find an answer. I did manage to upload some links by copying the URL link and pasting it into the narrative box but they've just come out as thumbnails. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

When using Flickr, pick the photo/image you want posted and click/touch on it. When it opens on it's own, as a separate image, look for the right-pointing arrow. Hit that and then choose the size you want. Something in the 600x800 range will work fine, as long as one of the dimensions isn't any larger than 1024.

Then choose the BBCode option. Copy the code in the small area and post that directly in the topic/reply box on this forum.

Do not use the Insert Image From URL! It's won't work. Post the Flickr BBCode directly here.

Chris

4 hours ago, Madman33 said:

Thanks Chris it appears to have worked as you can see above. I take it then each picture has to be posted separately?

You can post multiple photos. Just add the code, skip a line, then add the second code. So on and so on.

On your photo above, do you see the leftover coding, to the right of the photo? That can be removed before you hit the SUBMIT button.

When you post the BBCode, read it from the left until you get to (img. Highlight all the coding in front of the ( and remove it. Then start from the other end of the code until you get to img). Do the same removal to the right of the ). When submitted, you will see just the photo.

Example:

51125815714_56c2562e02_b.jpgCoop by Chris Eldridge, on Flickr

51125815714_56c2562e02_b.jpg

Chris

• Greg B locked this topic