AAC Apache used in Libya 2011

DaveJL

Hello all,

Not sure if there's too much information available on this, but regarding the Army Air Corps deployment of a number of Apache on HMS Ocean to help support Op Ellamy in 2011, could anyone tell me what load they would have carried i.e number of Hellfire, CRV-7 pods, fuel tanks?

Would these aircraft have been fitted with the later HIDAS fit and MTADS?

Another long shot and I doubt the information has been released but does anyone know the serials of the machines that were deployed?

I'm starting to gather bits and pieces for an upcoming project.

Cheers and stay safe

Dave

1 hour ago, DaveJL said:

Hello all,

Not sure if there's too much information available on this, but regarding the Army Air Corps deployment of a number of Apache on HMS Ocean to help support Op Ellamy in 2011, could anyone tell me what load they would have carried i.e number of Hellfire, CRV-7 pods, fuel tanks?

Would these aircraft have been fitted with the later HIDAS fit and MTADS?

Another long shot and I doubt the information has been released but does anyone know the serials of the machines that were deployed?

I'm starting to gather bits and pieces for an upcoming project.

Cheers and stay safe

Dave

Hi Dave, 

Having done a quick few searches a possible point to start with would be to look at the helicopters operating in 656 Squadron, of 4 Regiment Army Air Corps which were onboard HMS Ocean during the operation. As far as I know only 4x helicopters from that Squadron were involved in the Operation. There are a couple of photos online of the Apaches around/on HMS Ocean which might help identify the HIDAS or MTADS and a possible ordnance loadout.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but that's what I could find/knew about already. Hope it helps somehow...!

Cheers,

M

6 minutes ago, MBM said:

Hi Dave, 

Having done a quick few searches a possible point to start with would be to look at the helicopters operating in 656 Squadron, of 4 Regiment Army Air Corps which were onboard HMS Ocean during the operation. As far as I know only 4x helicopters from that Squadron were involved in the Operation. There are a couple of photos online of the Apaches around/on HMS Ocean which might help identify the HIDAS or MTADS and a possible ordnance loadout.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but that's what I could find/knew about already. Hope it helps somehow...!

Cheers,

M

Cheers mate,

I've had a look and from the few pictures I can see, it looks as though the later HIDAS was fitted so that's one box ticked off. I've also ordered a copy of the book 'Apache over Libya' so hopefully that will give a bit of insight!