Trumpeter 1/12 gt40

Peapod

Hi all, thanks for letting me join this forum. 
I have just purchased the gt40 on 1/12 scal with the idea of doing the Ken Miles #1 car. I have just found out there are no decals for no1 only the no2 car!

would anyone have a set of decals from the more recent magnifier/trumpeter kit they would sell me?

Welcome Peapod, if you don't have any response to your request try Indycals https://www.indycals.net/decals/lemans/66gt40-1.html

There are other companies that also  have the Miles decals available such as BBK in Holland.

I plan to build the #6 car of Andretti/Bianchi so Indycals will be getting an order from me when It gets nearer the top of the to do pile. Remember not to put the roll cage provided in the kit in, it wasn't fitted in 1966.

Good luck with the build and do a WIP here.

Dave

Thanks for the info Dave, 

I have looked on the net at loads of places and can’t find any, either out of stock or just for 1/24 scale. Indycals have a 10 week delivery but could be the only choice. 
thanks again👍

The Trumpeter rescent rerelease in the "Magnifier" box do come with both #1 and #2 decals, I just discovered. I guess you have an original Trumpeter box?

Otherwise BBK have #1 in stock, but there seem to be problems for them selling single sheets directly to UK nowadays. Sad situation.

https://www.bestbalsakits.com/tamiya/search.asp?searchFor=gt40&Submit=search+the+site

It’s typical me, wait for the right model to buy and find it’s the early version with out the second set of decals!!! Someone must have a recent kit and doesn’t need the #1 decals. 🤞🤞

@Peapod I'm surprised Indycals is a 10 week delivery, I've ordered from them in the past and even with USPS's best (non) efforts it's reached me in 2-3 weeks, at my glacial build speed it doesn't really affect me! Just checked their website and they do say 4 -10 weeks but they are giving you a worst case scenario, I would think they could be with you much sooner. 

How quickly do you build? 🤣

If you just cannot wait (and Indycals will be much better quality) my kit is the Magnifier one with the #1 decals, and as I said I won't be using them so PM me and we'll sort something out.

Dave